Online dating what do you all think of this idea?

I am a single mom I'm quiet and busy as can be. I am trying online dating for the first time. I have meet someone. what do you all think of it? why do guys seem to go so damn fast? What do you all think of giving phone numbers out? when would it be the right time to give it? what is the difference between giving you number out to someone you just meet to someone on line? honestly you don't really know the person you just meet on the street like the person you meet online?

Most Helpful Guy

• ugh, not a fan. I don't see anything wrong it though. I know it works for plenty of people. Seems to me women tend to be too stand offish and un-willing to make first contact. Also, getting a response is based on how good your profile is and unique your message is.

You guys wanna try something interesting. When it asks to describe your profession type in Engineer, lawyer, Doctor...etc. and compare the hits/messages you get as if you're job is say "customer service" or say student. Try and see what the common trait these women have lol. It's enough to forget online dating and meet people in person.

If you want to see another picture of online dating. Okcupid's data/graphs paint a stark picture.

Go to the green tab labeled favorites all posts for past topics.

blog.okcupid.com

What Guys Said 5

• Message back and forth on the site for no more than 5 messages. If you cannot get a good impression of the guy, move onto someone else. If you do think he has potential exchange numbers and/or meet for coffee. Don't waste time "Getting to know" the person through internet conversation.

• 1. Good for you!

2. Some see these services as legal prostitution lines where vulnerable people make themselves available ... for free! Or a few dates, which is $50.

3. You're an adult and know the dangers. I wouldn't recommend it to those not terribly aware of themselves.

4. Nothing.

5. Not quite that bad, but essentially.

• I tried online dating for a month, that was horrible for me. It was slow, boring, frustrating, full of BS. Obviously it just wasn't for me. I prefer live interaction, asking a girl out, going on dates, live discussions, attraction. That's much more me.

• I used to view online dating as desperation dating, but I've had a few friends find good relationships out of them. I don't think there is anything wrong with your idea seeing that you're a single mom who's first priority is your child and that you don't have much time to go ind a partner. Just spend some time weeding out the fast movers and the right one will come along for you. Best of luck!

• I quit quickly because I couldn't get many girls to reply to me. The oens who didn't wouldn't give me more than two replies.

What Girls Said 1

• i am on the same boat as you. I am okay giving out my # after a few messages. I have also been going on a lot of dates. in fact I am starting to get confuse now.

forgetting who I said what to whom.

i am also feeling really bad that all the guys want to pay for the date...i never make any plans..but they all want dinner with me...i always offer.

i am planning to take a break...all these are new to me and I need to clear my head a bit.

there are two guys down and I have to kinda make I decision...so we'll see

you can always ask me questions