• Ask
  • myTake

Is it weird to date someone 5+ years older than you?

I know it's pretty common for girls to date older guys, but what about the other way around ? What kind of reaction can I get if I say that I'm 17 and dating someone who's 24 ?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think that as long as everything is mutual and both of you guys love each other, its fine. I'm dating a guy who is 10 years older than I am and we love the same music, movies, video games hobbies etc. not to mention each other lol, remember that age is just a number and that both of you are two human beings who share the same interests and who also love each other. don't ever let other people looking on the outside in tell you differently because your relationship is your business :) I hope I helped!

What Girls Said 1

• If you were older it wouldn't be such a big deal. But at 17, you're at a completely different stage in life than a 24 year old. She has already matured and likely figured out where she's going in life by now. You, on the other hand, are probably still in high school and have yet to go out into the real world. I don't see it working.

What Guys Said 2