Shy guys, what signs do you need a girl to give before you text first?

There's this shy guy that I think likes me (always supportive of what I say when we do talk, defends me at the slightest hint of others being mean to me, stares, smiles around me sometimes, helps me out, etc.) The only thing is, he will never text first. He did months ago but only a few times and far between. But now he doesn't at all. The only thing I've noticed I'm doing wrong is I've been sending mixed messages in person. I don't approach him to make conversation in groups, but I can talk to any other guys in front of him because I'm more comfortable with guys I'm not interested in. I'm afraid, however, this could be interpreted as interest in those other guys in his eyes. What should I do? Should I text him first? and if so, how many times does it take for him to start initiating? What do I even text him about? Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• You really should make the attempt to talk to him in person because the ultimate show that a girl likes you, is actually seeing her enjoy being with you in person. Just talk to him about school, work, life, anything that shows him you're interested in his life. AND FLIRT~ Obviously not too strongly because you may scare him off or he may think you aren't being serious about it but it'll hopefully get through. Texting is really impersonal! Let him know that you want to talk to him the next time you see him (make up some reason to talk to him).

What Guys Said 4

• Forget the texting nonsense! Talk to him; have fun; take him out; hang out here and there; etc. A texting/emailing relationship is not exactly fun.

• I do enjoy texting but unless I'm hoping for an online relationship there's no way for me to get to know who you are and for you to know what I'm like on a more intimate level. try texting him first and just ask about his day and once you two have a few convercations going say something like "I enjoy chatting with you and was wondering would you like to hang out one on one with me some time?"

• "What do I even text him about?" lol He's having the same problem, and he probably doesn't want to bother you with a random text either.

That other stuff you mentioned could be getting in the way too. One of you are going to have to come out of your comfort zone and just try something.

• I am going through the same thing but its a shy girl I'm dealing with and I'm a shy guy. She never texts me first either. Will be interested to see what people say

What Girls Said 0