Guys, what do you prefer a woman to order on a date?

If you're taking a woman out to dinner, and depending on who's paying for the bill, may it be you or her or you both decide to split it half and half, what would you want her to order. I'm looking at it from a financial standpoint, so would you want her to order the cheapest thing on the menu, maybe order for her, or it doesn't matter? I always thought going on a date would be awkward, because In a general sense, it just feels weird when someone is paying for me. And I wouldn't want to order the most expensive thing either. What is considered etiquette when choosing off the menu, and not going overboard?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a chef, I love good food and am going to take you some place I know is great... So I always do a tasting menu "omakase". A smart man has the foresight to go some place he can afford. No matter the circumstance if you're out on a date I'm sure he wants you to be happy so order what sounds good. Maybe test the water with a "doesn't that sound good" and read his response.

What Guys Said 9

• lower to middle price. You don't have to choose the cheapest thing on the menu they presumably know what the place cost. But don't seek out the highest either, unless they are indicating you should, which they would do by suggesting it explicitly. In that case have whatever you want.

• If he's one of those idiots who pays for everything on the first date with a woman he barely knows, she has the right to order whatever she wants with no remorse.

The checks will always be separate so she can order what she can afford. If fair is not good enough for you, you can gtfo and I won't even bother watching you walk away.

• Into a relationship that changes, and at that point its not going to be a big deal either way since we understand each other.

• If I'm taking her out, than its OK to get what she wants. With at said. 2 orders of surf and turf is too much

If she orders the most expensive thing, I may feel like she is just getting a great dinner out of it. All she needs to do is reach for thewallet and for to pay. Ill say no, but offer lol

• I would say when someone is paying for your meal, date or not, you should always see how they're ordering. If they are ordering some of the more expensive stuff, it's probably safe to do the same, however if you notice they ordered the cheapest thing on the menu, maybe you should follow suit. However, if someone offers to take you out to dinner and pay, they should make sure they don't take you to a place they can't afford.

• I would let her order anything she wants (cheap or expensive). I usually order something pricey, just so she won't feel uncomfortable ordering expensive stuff either.

• what dude said

• Whatever she wants... just so long as it's not the most expensive thing - 2nd most expensive thing is okay ;)

• All girls should know if they want to get asked out again never order the most expensive thing.

• LOL you'd be surprised how many women don't care about that ;)

• In my opinion, something more in the middle. You should get what you actually want and something you'll enjoy, but I don't think you should go to the higher end if the guy is paying for you.

Spending money on someone is a nice gesture, so I don't think one should take advantage of that regardless of the guy can afford the most expensive things there or not.

• I wouldn't go to a restaurant that I couldn't afford anyway. Order whatever you want.

What Girls Said 4

• I usually get lobster and wine just to see how cheap he is

• When I someone is treating me for a meal I usually see what they are ordering first and judge based on that. Say things like, "Oh, I don't know what to get. What are you having? Is there anything you recommend?" Try to get something in his same price range. Burgers usually cost around the same, with a difference of a few dollars based on what toppings you get. Same with pasta dishes. Also, if he's ordering a meal plus an appetizer plus a side salad then he's obviously not too concerned with how much he's spending.

• Steak

• Depends if I'm paying or we are splitting the check I get what I want. When the guy is paying I find something I like that doesn't cost that much.