Ughhh...does my ex boyfriend want me back?

After over a year and a half of no contact, he calls me up and wants to hang out. while we're hanging out he tells me that the girl he was seeing after me was 'just' a hookup and then complains how she's a bad person. now he wants to hang out like we did before we were dating. we were friends for a while before we dated

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I would be very cautious about entering or labeling a relationship with someone that complains about their ex. To me, complaining about an ex is a red flag that indicates a person is harboring residual feelings; for example, love, emotional attachment or resentment. It tells me that they are not "free" of their ex, and consequently aren't able to live in the moment.

My advice to you is, take things slow without engaging in sex and alerting him to your skepticism. If he frequently talks about his ex, don't take him back as a boyfriend. Remain friends for now.

Perhaps you could revisit dating him when he is able to entirely focus on being with you.

What Guys Said 3

• He's probably just horny.

The way he called her a bad person to you is probably the way he referred you to her.

• Yes he wants you back, he is just checking to see if you are dumb enough to take him back.

If he dumped you for a woman named bad time. How long before he dumps you again.

• Yes, he is.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know... spend more time with him if you're interested and see how he acts around you. Make sure he doesn't just want sex if you want more than that. If you're not interested in anything at all, make it clear.

• I think the question is do you want him back?