Girls! I need texting help! how often do you like a boy to text you?

Okay so I'm 17 and there's this girl I've been texting for probably two weeks. We have known each other since 9th grade. Well we have texted everyday and I love talking to her. I guess you could call me a needy person but I am working on it and I'm doing so much better. I always worry that I am being annoying. Like I could text her 24/7 . she's great. I usually ask her at night to text me the next day and she always does. And sometimes I text her too. The problem is I never know when to text her or how much.. earlier I told her to have a good day and to text me later. She said alright. Well I look so forward to it all day and she was on instagram so I texted and said hey what's up. Then I realized I shouldn't have done that if she said she would text me so I texted her again and said sorry I forgot talk to ya later. I get to attached to people I guess. she's the only girl I talk too.. please help me :( what can I do to stop worrying. She still hasn't replied. When and how should I text her. How often. Give me all the advice you can please.

Its like I get so anxious waiting for her to text that I almost make myself sick. I regret texting her earlier. :/ I just wish I knew how to calm down and not care so much

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow I wish a guy would text me first, the guy I'm talking to now never starts!

But anyway, I think you should trying toning it down. If you talk to her everyday, see what would happen if you didn't text her one day.

You have to understand that people are busy during the day. I text my friends a lot, but if I am at a family party or at the movies or driving, then I get annoyed if someone texts me. I know this is an irrational anger, since they don't know that I'm driving when they send the text, but it still bothers me, and you don't want to do that to her. Also if she's at work or something then she may not be able to respond. So even if she enjoys talking to you, you don't want to take away that enjoyment because you are going overboard.

• Its hard. :/ like that text I sent saying hey and then saying I forgot.. she still hasn't replied. And I worry if I don't ask her to text me or if I don't text her then we won't talk :/

• its easier with practice. if you keep busy and focus on your life, you won't wonder what she's doing all day.

• Ill try! Haha I drive myself crazy

What Girls Said 3

• Give her a little a space. Just text her once in awhile, and if she replies then continue! Don't force a conversation out of her. Let the conversation between the two of you flow. If you want her to continue to text you, then just kind of compliments her once awhile about how she looks that day. Try to do some friendly flirting. It's fun and it will keep you both wanting to continue the texting between you guys.

• Txt her like in the morning say goodmorning,hope you slept well,have a great day.Then on some days text her midday just to check what she is up to.At night that's when you can really start texting like around 9pm because you want to be sure you not disturbing anything.Try to make it a routine,chat around that same time everyday.BUT!the most important thing is to make sure this girl is really interested because when someone constantly texts you and you are not interested it can be borderline stalking and really annoying.You should also try not to text her on some days and see if she initiates this can be a sign she is interested too. Question 878889

• Don't text her first for a while

What Guys Said 1

• Been there... If you're worried about being too overbearing, give her a bit of space... She'll probably either message you or ask where you've been when you do message again.