Which social networking websites in the USA are the most popular?

Please read before answering!

No Facebook, orkut, twitter or badoo (broken), and no dating sites please. I want to find a website that I can talk to girls around my age on, no dating sites because I want to find a site that's more casual. And it has to be free to register and free message users. Must be popular in the USA, site must be able to search users by gender, location, age (which Facebook, orkut, twitter can't do).

Which social networking websites that fit my description that are the most popular in the USA?

On Facebook and twitter can you search users by age, location and gender? Last time I checked I couldn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tagged or Myyearbook...

• Ah we got two winners here thanks, good and popular sites exactly what I was looking for. I found out from Google that they changed the name from myyearbook to Meet Me. Thanks a million.

• No problem, Didn't know they changed the name!

What Girls Said 7

• um...

I'm gonna guess you're gonna need to start programming...

• Titter and Facebook.

• Get out and actually talk to real people face to face. That's the real way to be social. If you want to find a girl to date, there's online dating sites. Want to stay in touch with friends, go to Facebook. But if you want to meet people, go out and start doing that.

Online is just words on a screen. Yes, I've met people through online and talked to them but we've all met off-line too. All of them through the same hobby forum designed to connect people around the world interested in the same industry. In the end, you have to be able to interact with the people around you. Plus at your age, that's not hard at all.

• I know you said no dating sites, but try connectingsingles.com link

• the closest you get is here on this site..no user search but this is not a dating site either. My intentions for joining this site was not finding a date but eventually I met someone very interesting...I have other friends on this site too but I noticed this person's answers, got interested and started following him...Later he told me he was secretly following me too...We are not dating, it's like we are surfing on the waves of a long conversation..I think sites like this one give you an opportunity to get to know people better. You have a full resume in front of you.

• Twitter

• I'm not sure what sites to recommend that aren't actual dating sites, but as a girl I would like to give you a warning. Be careful how you approach a girl on a social networking site. If you are just trying to talk to people and make friends, then that's fine, but if someone messaged me on a regular site about hooking up it would freak me out and I would block that person. I would expect that on a dating site, but not a regular social network. Just wanted to warn you. If you chose a casual site, make sure you have a casual approach. Good luck!

• I do want a girlfriend but I'll be as casual as possible about it.

• too many girls and women have been kidnapped and abused. and too many guys and men have spent money on fake girls/women.

What Guys Said 15

• You want to search for girls but not on a dating site. That's already going to look creepy as it is. Girls add privacy settings on their Facebook profiles because of what guys like you are trying to do. I think you should really examine yourself if you're resorting to such measures to meet girls at this point because something is very wrong.

Dating sites like pof.com let you search for girls who "casual dating/no commitment" and okcupid.com lets you search for girls "for new friends." Honestly searching for girls outside of a dating website fits into the "creepy desperate stalker" category. Girls put themselves on dating sites because they are open to meeting people and they state their type of intent right off the bat which already includes platonic friendships and non-committed dating. If they are not on such types of websites, you're being a creeper.

• The answer is Facebook and Twitter. They are most popular.

Where can you talk to girls? If you are 18-24, how about real life? Go to bars, ask your friends about setting you up with friends, sheesh even the mall.

If you lied about your age, then your classes in high school or in the hallway between classes. High school is basically the best dating scene ever.

Make real life connections, then bring them into your online life.

• There isn't a better one than this one. It's the least censored and manipulated site, for all its faults...mainly the fact that teens and subteens are dominant, and trolls are allowed free rein in many respects.

• No such site I know of, if you're taking dating sites off your list. I've heard that eHarmony is one of the best sites to get to know girls/women and it also has a wide user base and their success stories are almost second to none. There is a fee to pay though.

• Facebook, orkut, twitter or badoo, and some dating sites. Hope I could help! :)

I'm about to program a new website that exactly fits your criteria: preyingoninnocentgirlsforcowardssocialnetworksite.us

• any site that allows you to search other users by gender and/or location is going to be full of guys who just want to 'casually talk' to girls. If that's what you are trying to avoid you are out of luck :-/ We all are...

• I think GirlsaskGuys.com might get jealous that you talking about other websiteson their site, they could see that as competition.

• GAG is like the only question and answers site on the internet, I'm sure they have nothing to worry about sense they have no competition. Yahoo answers is broken anyways.

• Match.com and Eharmony are the two biggest there is also Christian mingle and mate one .com

those would probably be the runner ups

• You can't search for all that stuff, misuse of data act. Tumblr is filled with ~18 year old girls if you feel like making a blog, can still message other users.

• link Here you are.

• Tumbler? Does that count?

• Try tagged.com or linkedin.com

• I'm gonna come off as an a**hole but this needs to be said.

Bro, this is like the 3rd or 4th time you've come on here and ask about websites to meet women. Often these requests come with heavy specific requirements and people from all over have tried to help you.

Don't you think there maybe something wrong about your approach to finding similar aged women?

Bring on your downvotes, they feed me.

• People on here tend to be like that. The same users will come on posting that they are ugly or that girls only want good looking guys, or that girls only want money and so on. Yet when people offer them legitimate suggestions, it's like a forgeign language to them.

• dude you live in America and don't know Facebook and twitter are the most popular social networking sites? sheeeshh.

• doesn't-exist.uwish