Ex-bf threatened to hurt my date - how seriously do I take it?

He really wasn't a violent guy.

We broke up a little more than a week ago.

I know it's soon, but I am bored in my town and dating is something to do. JUST DATING not boyfriend right away or anything.

Should I cancel date because of ex boyfriend threats?

• YES call off the date
  • NO go on the date

Most Helpful Guy

• Go on the date, but warn your date. Also, seriously look into pressing charges.

Gather as much evidence as you can, and if he's stupid enough to do this in front of you, try to get it on your phone. Don't even warn him that you're recording. Just record, go tot he cops, press charges, use it as evidence. In fact, be very sharp about getting evidence on his behavior . If you have any evidence of his threat anywhere, like on a message, a text, email or PM somewhere, save it. If he does anything to your new date, hold onto any shred of evidence you can. Seriously. Press charges.

But never let some psycho ruin your life. Never let anyone threaten you. Never let anyone attack you or hurt you, or anyone you care about. Just do what you want to do (so long as it doesn't break the law.) and if anyone does something as fucked up as this, then make sure there are repercussions for them. (Again, so long as those repercussions don't break the law).

So go on your date. He shouldn't be allowed to push you both around. Just give your date a heads-up.

• correct anwser.

• Thank you, sir.

Hey question asker. I hope this 14 | one answers telling you basically the same actually tells you something. You can't let this psycho run, nor ruin, your life. Go on the date.

What Guys Said 7

• It's best to take this crap seriously regardless of who it is or your relationship with them, at best it's abusive at worst it can escalate into a capitol offense.

• Go on your date. Don't let that idiot win.

By the way, shame on you for going anonymous and not letting others go anonymous. I gave you a One-Star for that.

• When I allow anonymous posters I sometimes get harassed...

• Yeah well, you're still a hypocrite for going anonymous, and blocking others' anonymity.,

• He sounds like a total idiot. On the date just watch out. Maybe meet up with a few friends so if be is there he will think twice about starting trouble.

• call the police.he has no right to threaten you, you are a free women. he is such douche. so call the police. also trell the family and friends that you have on what happend.

don't allow him to control you.

• the last sentenc in my first paragraph wasn't the way intend to say it, lol.

Anyway, just go on the date, but call the police about your exz boyfriend, he is jealous and a control freak. so do it immediately. or else things well get worst.

• By the way, if you do your going to show how weak you are if you do this, so everyone is right as well, you don't have to put up with it, it's wrong.

• Go on the date, tell your family/friends where you're going and what he said. Possibly even call the cops on him if he's being too threatening.

• Go on the date and threaten him to call the police, if he still threatens you, call the police and report him. You are free to date any guy other him just after you've broke the relationship.

• The police can't do anything. You can make threats to whoever you want

What Girls Said 2

• Threats should be taken seriously. even if he won't actually do anything. You should definitely call the police and report the threat. Threats are against the law and he can be charged. If you brush it off, who knows what will happen. Clearly he is so upset that he will threaten to harm any guy that may come allong, no mater how serious the date. Why put up with that?

• Who gives a damn what your ex says? Go on the date and if he shows up starting trouble then who cares? I'd guess he doesn't have the guts to actually show up.