Should I keep on going or just stop?

So my good guy friend told me he liked me and we've been texting everyday for a few weeks. Its hard for me to see him as more than a friend or see him at all romantically. I still went on some dates with him because he is one of the sweetest guys I know but I just don't feel attracted to him. I don't really care when he texts me and sometimes I don't feel like responding. I don't get excited to see him either. I want to like him but I just don't, so I decided to kiss him and see if I felt any chemistry. We made out and I just didn't enjoy it at all, I mean he was just decent at kissing but I got bored. And when we cuddled I just kind of didn't really think anything of it. He told me after we made out that he really likes me a lot and can see it going somewhere and even gave me gifts which I feel really bad about. If I'm going to end it I want to do it now before he gets his feelings too hurt. Should I give it more of a try or just end it now?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, don't wait anymore. You CLEARLY have no attraction with that guy. I really don't think trying it out some more is good for him. He sounds like a sweetheart, and if you continue to "test out your feelings" with him, he'll eventually get more hurt than he would be right now. You may not be feeling the same thing that he is whenever you guys make out or go on a date, but I'm sure each time he'll start liking you more. By not telling him now, and just waiting til later on so that you can "make sure that your feeling is right", you're actually hurting him. Eventually you're going to lose him as a friend too.

What Guys Said 3

• End it. Your friendship is also likely over. If he agrees to stay friends he will just secretly hope you'll one day change your mind.

• It's time to end it now.

• Yeah you should start distancing yourself. It doesn't look like things are getting any better. and like you said, his feelings for you may grow later on, so better to end it now.

What Girls Said 0