Having my bro's girlfriend set me up, good idea or not?

My brother has been dating this girl for over 5 years and we get along great- she's awesome, I love her and I fully want and expect her to become an official part of our family in the next few years.

She and I have become friends, I feel comfortable sharing stuff with her that I don't always share with my friends or family, I suppose because she's both and neither at the same time.

For instance, she knows more about my record with guys and heartbreak than anyone, so she knows why I've been single for awhile. But she thinks it's time for me to move on and I agree- I just haven't met any guys I've been interested in...

She and my bro just moved to within 20 min of me and she's decided once they get settled she wants to set me up, help me find the right guy.

On the one hand- I really love her for the offer, she's an awesome person with the gift of meeting people and instantly connecting with them so odds are within a month or so she'll know tons of new, single guys through my bro, the gym, work etc. I'm not the best at putting myself out there so it might really be helpful.

But on the other- the potential for it harming our relationship/friendship is definitely high. I don't want her to feel discouraged if she introduces me to guys I don't hit it off with or I'm just not interested in. I'll admit, I can be picky when it comes to dating. I don't want her to feel frustrated if I reject her prospects and I don't want to feel pressured into dating them just to please her.

So- is it a good idea or should I just politely say thanks but no thanks?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• She won't feel discouraged if you don't click with a guy. But you should at least go on one blind date. If you don't like him, then you have the right to say no to a second date. But at least you went on the first date, and that is enough to satisfy her. If you don't even give it one chance then that would be hurtful to her.