First love.. how long did it take you to get over them?

Everyone has there first love or first serious relationship. How long did it take you to get over them?

I dated this guy for 2 years and a month.. he broke up with me and its been 2 months but I'm still not completely over him.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is one of the easiest questions on this website. My answer: Never.

I finally gave up trying to "get over" her. I resorted to forfeiting a little, tiny, ceremonial bit of my heart to her (um, in my own mind, not out loud or anything). I said, "This part is yours. You can dance on it, stomp on it, spit on it, snuggle with it, sleep on it, whatever. It's yours to do with as you please, but on one condition: you can't mess with anything else."

And I have to tell you. It works... for me anyway. I know she's still in there, but she can't spill over into any other part of my life. I compromised with myself.

What Guys Said 2

• For me, I never really truly got over her... You can be fine without your first love and you'll eventually start liking other people but it is impossible to completely forget about them! It took me months before I was able to get inside the dating world again because I dated her for 2 years. It just depends on how long you dated

• well if things ended on a friendly note like my relationship did, a part of you will continue to love them. Either way, first loves can hurt if lost but you come to the realization it can happen again for you.

What Girls Said 2

• Over a year. I can say now without hesitation that I would never date him again or even think about it. That's when I believe you are truly over someone. I can say I will always love him, but there won't ever be anything more for us.

• yea you got a long ways to go if you dated for that long