Ex looking at dating profile

My boyfriend broke up with me about a week and a half ago. We got in a fight, he needed time to think, and said he realized that if he truly loved me, he'd be able to be there for me even when my psychological issues come into play, rather than being upset with me about it. I told him I understood and thought it was best we work through things on our own. He told me he immediately regretted it but I told him its for the best and we need some time. He said "maybe well talk soon" and I told him that's not a good idea.

A few days later he reactivated Facebook and deleted me. We both put out dating profiles back up (that's how we met) and today I logged in and saw that he viewed mine. I was kind of surprised and confused. It seemed like he didn't want to see anything after deleting me on Facebook? Any insight?

Most Helpful Guy

• He won't forget you. You parted on good terms, and he'll always be curious how you are doing.

After some time, he'll probably want to see you again. Hopefully, you'll both have worked through whatever caused the big fight by then.

Don't be in a hurry to see each other again, but don't lose contact, either. There's a real chance you can start again, and on a better footing.

• thanks, that's very uplifting. I'm really in love with him, and I'm still grieving, but I truly believe we do need time apart to grow on our own. it's hard not to contact him, but I know it's for the best. deep down, I feel like he's the one for me, but I agree, nothing should be rushed.

• Good luck, think positively!

Remember me for best answer!

• Thx and good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• It depends.

Sometimes a site loads a bunch of profiles and throws them at the user. Like OKCupid and their "quiver" or match.com's daily match thing. A girl at one of my jobs thought I was checking her out and became disappointed when I told her it loaded her profile up on the match.com lists.

So maybe he is curious, and maybe he isn't.

What Girls Said 1

• well it did sound like he was wanting to try and work things out with you. I guess the tough part is that you had told him that it was best for you both to work through things on your own. so I'm thinking he's realized you made a decision and he wants to respect that. I'm just wondering if now that you had some time to think about things whether you're regretting you and him going your own ways. if so I would make an effort to talk to him and let him know how you're feeling. I hope this helps.

• thank you. I really wish that it didn't have to come to this. I miss him terribly, but I think it's for the best. I really would like to reconcile with him in the future, but I have to fix my own issues, and he needs to sort out his feelings before that can happen.