Don't know why I get so nervous around girls?

Just like the title says I have no idea why I get so nervous around girls. I am a musician as well and I get the same feeling, but tend to overcome it, due to me having experience from it and having a few horrible performances. Now I am pretty good (still not where I want to be, but a lot better then I was back then). I just can't get over my hump with attractive women. I need some help fast, because there is this girl I want to ask out and tonight will probably the last night I will see her unless I can possibly get a date or dates. Where I really want to actually get this girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nervousness is the brains way of trying to keep you from messing up or failing. In your case you are lucky because if you get rejected you won't see her anymore. You won't get rejected though because she will be absolutely flattered that you want to treat her to a fun night. This is what you need to do. When you see her take a deep breath this will help with the nervousness. Then approach her and be direct you have the right to be so because you only have a small window to be with her. Confess that you think she is pretty/beautiful(but never hot this refers to the body in a sexual manner) and then ask her out to eat for her last night.(when you do smile and project your voice clearly it show the girl you are confident and in control and this makes her feel comfortable) at the end of the meal or on the way back to the carask her if she had a good time when she says yes say great me too then pull out your phone and ask for her number so you can keep in contact with her.(this is so you will be able to keep in touch and maybe set up future dates.) Bro I hope this helps and you get this girl.

What Girls Said 2

• This happens with a lot of people I think...

• Maybe it is because you are a shy guy.

What Guys Said 2

• Your music is something that you create on your own. You get nervous before performances, but after the first few minutes of nervousness, you get used to it. You know that the people watching you perform enjoy seeing you. Maybe there are even a few friends in the mix somewhere. With women, it's a different situation. You don't know what to say or how to say it.

It can be especially intimidating with a girl you like. You'd be surprised where "Hi, I'm (your name)" can go. It's a matter of breaking the ice and getting comfortable enough, building some connections, finding common interests, and then saying "hey, would you to have coffee with me sometime?"

• You're not alone dude. You're just shy, I'm almost 33 and most girls still make me nervous. It's worse when I know they're crushing on me. I've figured out that my mind subconsciously refuses to pick up some of the most obvious signals which compounds the problem. Just think about this. How bad do you have it for her? Are you ready to live with the regret of not asking? That usually does it for me and allows me to make a move. Whiskey afterward helps calm the nerves lol.