Have you dated an Indian man? How was your experience?

I started seeing a guy from India recently and so far, so good. The problem is that I've heard so many stories about Indian guys breaking many hearts because in the end, they like to date women that are not from their culture, but they have no intention in having anything serious with them, some even have arranged marriages back home. I have been through a lot in the past, and honestly I can't go through another heartbreak again. I like him, but I've considered to stop seeing him because I'm terrified. Has anyone here dated an Indian guy? Please, keep in mind I have no intention to offend anyone, I'm just asking for some feedback.

Most Helpful Girl

• is he fresh off the boat and staying in amerika?

• He's been living here around 5 years and has some family living here too, but in other state

• i mean have you met a lot of Indian dudes before dating this one? I think besides bad stereo types, there are some good ones but not many, I 've come across some that are not cultural

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• Not offended, just smarter to stick to your own kind. This way you will avoid culture clash and family objections, because I have heard even some Indian men rejecting Indian women they loved simply because they were divorced and their family would not accept them.

• I'm from a country close to India and I can say yes, I've been interested in a few Indian guys. Most were very cultured and had strict families, like myself. I know a few "white" girls who dated Indian guys and it worked out really well despite their differences. Just be cautious of the cultural differences :)

• If you already know that much, then is it worth it?

• No I have not

• Yes he was way smarter than the white guys I dated but then again none of those white guys were smart

• I haven't, but couldn't you just ask him what he's looking for with you and tell him your concerns?

• Yeah, he smelled like curry everyday.

• Shut up.

• never have and never will