Guys, would you date a woman who has slept with one man?

I saved myself for marriage. We are divorcing and I am starting my life over. Going back out into the dating world makes me a little nervous. I no longer believe in abstaining from sex but I do want to have chemistry and a connection.

Most Helpful Guy

• For sure I would date a woman who only has slept with one man. It means that she will learn what I like as she is basically a blank slate. She has to be willing to work at it though, as she doesn't have much experience in general to go off of. Don't worry about your lack of partners, you will be fine. I for one would much rather date a girl who hasn't been around, because when I do sleep with her, it means that she holds me in a light which not many have ever been able to experience. Means more if everybody under the sun hasn't been with her. Hope that helps

• Don't make the mistake of assuming that someone who has had very few partners has also had very few experiences. You can do a lot of kinky stuff with the same person when you're together a long time.

What Guys Said 3

• Of course I would date a woman that only slept with one man. I can't imagine why you think guys would have an issue with that.

• Because my situation is not the norm... I don't want a guy to make a snap judgement. I agree with Anonymous when she stated her apprehension about being viewed as a "prude." Perhaps, I should not be concerned with revealing my past. Thanks for your answer!

• Don't discuss specifics. (What good will it do you anyway?) Problem solved.

• If she's slept with one man, yes.

If she's saving herself for marriage, no.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't see why they wouldn't with their shallow minds

• Aw you remind me of me. My XH was my first, though I didn't wait for marriage. We were together 10 years and divorced last year. I had the same concern than men would think I was prude or something since I'd only been with one man. The bigger issue? A lot of men will assume you're LYING. "Yeah, they ALL say that." Who? WHO says that?

• I'm glad someone else can relate to my situation! Thank you for the posting.