Broke, but dating. Any cheap date ideas?

My boyfriend is great! Everything is going well so far, but we kind of live far away from each other. It's getting expensive. We need something cheap, or free to do. Do you have any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I first met my wife, we didn't have 2 dollars to rub together...

We used to picnic alot. It's a romantic date, that doesn't cost much. Parks are great, they are (mostly) free, as they should be.

Usually most things with animals are cheap (or free). There's this place called Jimmy Mack's out by me, it's totally free to go there and pet the animals. You have to pay $0.25 each handful to feed the animals, and the ice cream is about $1.50 each, but it's still a cheap date.

The beach in most places is close to free. (Except in NJ, where everything is freakin' expensive)... But come to MARYland and it's free. LOL. Notice, I called our Sister State by what she was originally named.

Lastly, I don't know if you like baseball, but amatuer baseball / softball is usually close to free. I admit the really little-league stuff doesn't do it for me, but I love to watch the local college old fast-pitch girls softball. They usually play pretty good ball (not to mention that their asses are tighter than the NORAD defense grid; not hard to look at all. LOL). Plus, the food is usually made by GLM (Good Looking Moms), and they always make the best hot dogs and hamburgers, because they'll charge you almost nothing.

I don't have this problem anymore, I am one of the "long gray line" of businessmen now, old blind man, but I remember what it was to have passion in my heart for a young Lady, and no money to spend on her. Just remember, Love is the most powerful Force in the whole world; it Conquers everything, even Evil cannot overcome True Love.

• Parks aren't free just as health care in Canada isn't free. People are paying for it, just not you.

What Guys Said 3

• Going to the park to walk / jog.

Having a picnic.

Renting a movie, or watching on TV. Watching over Skype.

Cooking dinner for each other, or making dessert.

• This sounds like a job for frozen pizzas and chick-flicks on Netflix. I made that last part up myself :-)

• how far

What Girls Said 5

• Invite her over and cook something for her! A homemade meal will always be cheaper than any restaurant and you'll impress her if you nail something delicious. Two birds with one stone!

Also, nowadays you can watch any movie or series at home pretty much for free, so yeah. If it comes to it, you don't even have to buy expensive food/ingredients. My boyfriend and I are happy just being able to buy some junk food on any convenience store and having a movie night.

Other than that, there's always the chance to go for a walk/jog for free. It's nice to do that once in a while, if the weather is good.

Good luck!

• Him*. Sorry, for a moment I thought OP was a male.

• picnic,staying in,sex

• picnic on the beach. you can bring some food from home :)

• A trip to the beach or a picnic at park. Hiking, community tennis courts or local non profit museum.

• if you or he like to cook, cook your own meals. Make your own desserts. Go ride a bike, hike, swim, learn some skills from each other