Guys: Have you grown to resent women since you started dating?

I'd assume most people started dating 12-14. We were all pretty much blank slates beforehand, thus indifferent/ignorant to our place in the dating world.

If you have grown to resent them, why? What's your story?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (Discuss)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not bitter, but I can see why some guys would be. But women are even more bitter.

Women hate men more than ever now. The more social equality that there is between the sexes, the more that women hate men. It's pathetic really.

Women are bitter because they want to like feminism but they don't like the consequences. A huge proportion of the male population has been pussified because of feminism, and women are now desperately scrambling to get a guy who's even half as masculine as the average guy fifty years ago. The not-totally-p**** guys feel no need to offer any commitment, because the competition has been to a large extent destroyed. This all makes women angry. Women take out their anger out on the p******.

• "Women hate men more than ever now. The more social equality that there is between the sexes, the more that women hate men. It's pathetic really."

That's very true! Like approaching for example, women still feel men should shoulder the load, wine and dine and romance her, yet they preach equality and are angry when we say it should be equal. Go figure.

And your last paragraph, god! More truth couldn't have been in this post.

• Women want me to agree with them all the time, but they want me to have a mind of my own, LOL.

• Hahaha! So true! "I want a guy who doesn't settle down with one woman, but will settle down with me"

What Girls Said 12

• No one cares if you losers resent women, you can't even get one so it doesn't matter. ForeverAloneGuys

• My brother is like this. You really should care. Many guys are bitter. If you push them away rather than helping them, there will be MANY GIRLS left on the shelf.

• @ pr3ttybr0wn Yeah you do or you wouldn't be on here .

• jmurk: lmao, I know right? She cares so little that she took the time out her day that she'll never get back, just to let me know about it. Lawlz

• I get more disenchanted with people in general. I don't think this is a man-woman thing except that often we respond even worse and are more disappointed and hurt when we were in a relationship of some sort with the person who is being problematic.

Generally, I accept that people are day-to-day entertainment and have very few people I would respect/trust/have any expectations of.

• why do you talk about women,ask women out,want them to like you-if you don't like them? I mean,i'm aware of the answer,but what's your reasoning?

• There's not much of an alternative. We are humans, humans that have biological motivations and desires of which we cannot control. If I didn't feel such dissonance with not dating, I wouldn't.

• what's better, resentment, bullshit, lies, being forever alone, or all 6 evil sins of woman's bread crumbs. I resent and hate how easy it is for y'all to get laid apparently -- with a personality made of sticks. Meanwhile, it seems to me I have to conquer my insecurities FIRST just to get in the door. Ya fuck that. Will forever be resentful.

• it's easy for us to get raped, objectified, killed when we say no, payed less for the same job, not get any respect as well. the reason it's easy for us to get laid with a shit personality is because you're a bunch of objectifying pricks, not because of privilege.

• Do you sleep with prostitutes, escorts, or hookers? If you don't like women, you don't actually have to date them to get sex.

• I just don't understand why guys are so angry and bitter when they hate women. If they're only good for sex, then just have sex with them. No one is forcing you to get married or to get into relationships.

You can have as much sex as you want without actually having to deal with the scum that women apparently are. If all you want is sex, why does it matter if women are so shitty? You can get unattached, uncommitted sex as much as you want.

• It worked. I was using the site on mobile. I think that was the problem. :)

• No Problem!

• You realize there are more similarities found between members of different sex, than are found between members of the same sex?

your imaging that there's something called 'woman' that you know about bc you watch movies and have tried dating few 'women'. You can't hate 'women'. there's no such thing. no one is exactly the same as anyone els.

you're dis allusioned bc someone lied to you and told you women are all fairy godmothers with great bodies. turned out not to be the case so you're exchanging this li for another.

id suggest you wake u realize women com from the same world you do. its hard for ANYONE to find someone thy really get on with. girl- guy. girl- girl guy guy. doesn't matter. its tough. and there are a lot of dip shits out there -of any sex.

stop being a sexist moron before you're too old to discover all the incredibly awesome women that do exist. unless of course your into guys. than go date men. either way resentment is pointless.. it just ages you.

• Hi, could you link or tell me where you got the info in your first sentence? That sounds new and interesting

• Where are all these Nice Guys TM coming from? It's like they all left their MRA & Loveshy lairs and all creeped in here in one swarm.

• Wow, I've never seen so many losing mentalities in one place.

• Such tiresome comments. Don't you have anything more insightful to say?

• Suit yourself. I never mentioned entitlements -- just that you could do better. I did like the horse metaphor. Made me laugh.

• thanks? I guess. I've already tried having this discussion with some guys here and they literately waste my time inviting me to their pity party. They can't be reasoned with.

• I've been used and physical abused by men. I was bullied in school by a boy to the point I thought I was better off dead, the emotional pain was so strong. I was like a freaking joke. I had no selfesteem and desperate for love and had sex a couple of guys who seemed interested in me and I being niave thought that they wanted to date because they have sex but then by the next morning I wouldn't hear or see from them again. I was attacked one night from some guy who left his hand print on my chest and throat that turned into a bruise. That's just a couple of stuff that I have been through from guys. So while this isn't meant to be a feel sorry or feel pity for me but maybe you would know that dispite everything I never gave up on man nor would I blame a whole race of man because of the choices others make.

• is this namismybabe and seek81's new account?

If you're some other guy, then here's an idea: find those two users and make a women hating club. Then get the hell out of GAG and make your own sad little blog or meet other likeminded people or whatever. Don't spoil the GAG fun with your poison.

• Not happening. Too bad so sad

• oh really? You're picking a fight on the internet? Wow... you must live a very sad and lonely life. My condolences.

That's it. I'm not writing anymore. You're SO not worth my time, loser.

• Yeah buddy! And this sad and lonely dude just layed the smack down on you jabroni lawwlz *throws arm band in the crowd and gives your candy ass a peoples elbow*

Pow pow!

• No one has an excuse to be bitter and hateful while you're still in the dating game, if you don't like women, start dating men, or stop dating altogether and just higher hookers, we don't care

...I read your exchange with xzenax2 you say you resent women yet you don't seem to think there's anything wrong with carrying on using them for sex, you look down on them and want to dominate them, You're a bitter misogynist who clearly doesn't deserve the type of girl that hasn't said yes to you.

you're just a pathetic human being,

• When I want your opinion raise your hand and I'll point to you. Start dating men? I'm not attracted to men. Unfortunately, getting a partner and starting a family is a biological urge and gives biological motivations, and if you do not comply you receive biological punishment. Trust me, if a 3rd alien race landed and had vagina I'd never look back.

"Using" them for sex? Women have such a f***ed up complex regarding sex. Women think it's wrong to "slut shame" them, but call other women sluts

• you deserve every bit of misery and loneliness that awaits you.

• What does that have to do with anything? There's a difference between being used and being someones pleasure.

What Guys Said 25

• I don't. The more women I meet, the careful I end up becoming. That's all. I tend to end up talking to a lot of women in bad situations that make me wonder sometimes.

If I have a bad experience with one woman, I wouldn't want to bring it with me to the next one. The reason being that it would just ruin the next experience and cause more burden on someone who may be a perfectly fine person.

I can see many guys who are bitter on this site. They keep posting the same nonsense about how they don't want to approach women and how women only want good looking guys and how women are gold diggers and so on.

I will say though that I can understand why some guys are bitter. When a girl turns down a guy. She gets a boost in confidence. She feels good that a guy found her interesting, pretty, and so on. When a guy is turned down by a girl, he doesn't get to feel good about himself like a girl would. So basically the guy gets told to keep trying while the girl gets told to keep waiting. The guy gets rejected more and more while the girl feels better and better with each guy that approaches her. Now a lot of guys are just flat out refusing to approach women because they're tired of all the negative feelings they get.

The thing is, a lot of guys need to do more for themselves and stop trying so hard to get women to like them and just become likable people so that if an approach happens, it's not full of negative feelings. Look how many guys are trying to find girls online yet are bums who sit at home in their parent's basement with no way to even date.

• I liked girls since kindergarten and they've never given me a reason to resent them, or even dislike them. Any problems I've had with girls were my fault as much as theirs. I like girls because they are girls. Why would I resent such incredible wonderful creatures?

• That's way too young to start pariing off, for one thing, but many people do start then.

I quickly figured out that girls mostly sold themselves to the highest bidder, that' the name of the dating game.

So I dropped out of the game by 16 and approached the shy girls on my own, just to hang out, and found a group to hang out with, rather than quickly trying to get a girl to pair off with me.

I wouldn't consider chasing girls who didn't have something in common with me, and girls committed to the dating game, I generally avoided except to flirt in a friendly way, or pinch them, at that age.

I've never looked back, and never regretted leaving the dating game. I didn't resent WOMEN, I resented the game and the women who played it all the time. But I was accused of resenting women in general, of course.

• Good answer

• I get what you mean. I hate the dating game too. I can't play it and I think it makes people not show their true side. Which then leads to the many disappointments. And many disappointments led to mysogynists like the QA

• I never get mad at women when they say they hate all men but when men say they hate women, get so steamed lmfao! Especially on GAG. Us men don't make any bones about women being bitter towards men. But when men are bitter towards women they're called "creeps, losers who can't get a girl and/or sex." We never say those things about women that are bitter towards men and there's 3 types of people who will shun people especially men, for being bitter.

1. The person who has never had the same experience with women that the bitter guys have.

2. Women can't really understand the guy's frustration because of so called gender roles. The guys have to approach ( I've heard that women approach but that's rare like a falling star and hopefully I'll be able to witness such a phenomenon before I die) and women just choose which isn't fair at all but women don't understand that. Women who are bitter towards men usually been hurt by them, but this usually after she is already in a relationship with them And she loses every time because she's attracted to jerks. But jerks know that so they always take full advantage of her . The jerk knows that if they were like the nice guy, they would be lonely and bitter too so that kind of pushes them to play a woman . So when guys who are successful with women heart stories about how guys not as lucky as them are getting their confidence constantly crushed , they feel like there's no reason for them to reform .

3. The guy who was getting rejected at first but no longer is This guy will try to tell you "dude I've been down that road before . " Now instead of him realizing the fact that he finally lucked up, He'll try to say he did this and that and gets mad if people say they have tried that and still didn't have any success . He forgets that EXPERIENCES VARY and that in life there's no guarantees .

• Nope. The opposite. I've grown to like them a lot more. I've had some great times with women, and I hope to continue having more

• It goes either way, so for sure. And I'm sure you will.

• haha, yeah don't worry about it ^_^ It's not even my real name anyways so no harm no foul!

• Haha, cool. :)

• Nope. Even though I've been a lot less then successful in dating, I actually fairly much enjoy the company of women and I have no resentments towards them. If there is any resentment, it is towards myself for not doing things that would make me a better man. I actually have grown to appreciate girls a lot more since I started dating. I first thought that women as a whole were completely different from me and maybe even a separate species. However, now I realize that girls are just human like me, living day by day, having goals and their own lives. I don't even dislike girls who have rejected me, much the opposite, I have remained friends with them and have just moved on. Yeah, there are women in this world who suck, but there are just as many men that suck just as much, if not worse. You just have to learn to avoid these type of people and focus on yourself, or else you will become just like them. Men who are bitter towards women just because they can't get a girl to be with them are just being p******. Just a tip, no girl likes a guy who has bigger ovaries than her.

• I've actually lost respect for girls over the years.

There's some good girls out there, a few amazing ones, too, but most girls just disappoint me.

So do guys tho so its more like being disappointed by humanity in general than just girls.

• In some ways, yes, in others, nah. It's not like I've grown fond of men either. I think as time goes on I've grown to resent people in general lol. So many shallow and ignorant people.

• I'm with you. As you get older, you just realize most people suck. It doesn't stop at gender boundaries.

• OP has compared women to sports teams and cars, has admitted to not expecting to like his niece or daughter when they're past puberty, and blames women for not living up to his standards. Sounds like a pretty high quality guy!

• I never said I wouldn't like my nieces, for verbatim, I said "I probably won't like them as much later as girls drastically change post puberty."

• yes, too many stories to fit in a the allotted amount of words. I will just say that what I was promised as a child in a women is false and its never going to happen that way. so what I'm left with is what's out there. what's out there is on average not worth commitment

• I totally get you. I was raised to think women were angels, and that we should be sweet, kind, and catering. I won't be lying to my kids, no need to sugar coat the way things work and set them up for disappointment.

• penquindeux, no I thought women were not put on this world to suck our d***s. However that seems to be exactly what this generation of women do. I thought they were put on this earth to be mothers and life partners of men but sadly theyed rather party and waste all their good years bed hopping and having a string of boyfriends to find themselves.

• Well said, dudeman. What guy wants that? Yeah, I want some girl who took a bukkake in college to kiss my children in the mouth. lawlz

• The honest truth?

I think both guys and girls are shitty in general.

• I resent most women out there for a reason. I have asked out 18 women in my life and 16 of them are the kind I resent. They are stuck up, bitchy and only think about themselves. One of the other two is just genuinely nice, but expects a lot and is too high maintenance. The last is the kind I love. They care deeply about who they love, they support who the love and they don't expect anything in return except to be loved. That kind of girl is my current Girlfriend and in a year or so, I hope my fiance.

• It may not be fair, but I have. All the girls I've been with have turned out to be two-faced users who never keep their word. Maybe I've just hsd bad luck, but it's made me extremely cynical.

• Well perhaps you need to take accountability and reevaluate your shitty taste in women.

• Haha! Ouch. Easier said than done. They never seem that way so I'm not sure how to go about that.

• No, that's not true. There were signs but I liked them so much I blinded myself. That's my biggest struggle.

• Kinda yea but I just tend to not think & care about it all too much I guess I'm just a little cynical is all. I've had a pretty fuck-up & complicated life/childhood & my relationships with women at least at the beginning were strange & weird to say the least definitely uncommon BUT I don't hate all women just the ones who remind me of some of the women of my past...

• When they try to impose their will on me, try to change me, think their pretty faces will change my mind, or disrespect me, it's over. Those are just pet peeves and isolated incidents though, and don't necessarily represent women as a whole. I have just as many problems with men.

I'm no saint though. I've been called rude and selfish more than once, so that tells me I have improvements to make as well.

• No, I've gr own to resent women since joining this site

• Every women I talk to without fail has ended up lying to me and always trying to make it seem life my fault. Women say they want a nice guy but when you are nice to them they treat you like shit. Women are stuck up creatures that think life revolves around them and their good looks and just use men to get what they want in life. I now have incredible resentment towards woman if you couldn't already tell.

• Yes... In all honestly... I hate the mind of a woman. And I am not talking from an immature 16-18-20 yr old mind. And I am not just saying this looking at my wife...

• I resent 'sh*ty people. People that take advantage of others. Those that are selfish, hateful and shallow. What ever reason someone might have to resent women, men have said trait as well. Women don't exclusively own the behavior that might make you resent them. People that resent women: I have a feeling you resent 'alot other things as well. Are you a lefty? maybe you resent right handed people. Did you have a sh*tty, traumatic childhood? Maybe you resent kids living happy care free with loving parents. The last one seems ridiculous but have seen it in people.

• Not resent, no. I had women on a pedestal. Now I see them more as they are.

I'm married. If I were single, I'd date I suppose, but I expect far less of women then I would have before. Consequently I'd be far more demanding and willing to put up with far less because I just don't anticipate getting nearly as much out of relationships.

• I've had my qualms with women, but at the end of the day to resent a gender is just shooting the messenger. I resent the lies I was told by society, and nothing else. And those lies don't stop at girls. You name it. The drug war, capitalism, the idea that we invented authority to protect us. Compared to those lies, the lies about girls are insignificant.

• Awesome post! The source of the issue rather than the topic. I love it. If I could give two BA's I would.

• Ehh, resent them? Not really. You might resent women, but then you have to learn--women are what they are. It's the nature of the beast. You just can't expect a woman to be like a guy buddy.

Respect? On that, no. No. Women are waaayy to simple, once you learn how to work them, and rely way too much on their emotions and instincts, on average. Granted, a lot of men aren't smarter, but they're pretty much being indoctrinated by the media.

Realistically, think about it. A few of us know how easy it is to get sex, once you get style, game, etc. It's not hard. As long as you're not a Disney prince looking for a girl to adore and shower with loyalty and kindness, college girls will happily hook up with you.

Women age like milk. When fresh, milk is an amazing drink that is incredibly good for most people, and good with a million ingredients and dishes, but wait a bit, and it goes nasty.

Women are in their prime at 18-24, if they take care of themselves, don't get fat like so many girls, dress sharply. After 30, their looks and ability to have kids (a powerful want, which leads to the current boom in fertility clinics, etc) sharply decline. So girls would be smart to say, "I need to find a good, loyal, kind guy in college and get married."

How many girls are smart enough to do that? Maybe better around your area, but I'd guess half, at best. Hell, how many girls are smart enough to stay in shape and not get fat? Half?

The thing is, half or more of the girls don't realize the sad fact--when they "focus on their education" or "focus on their careers" and decide not to settle down until 30 or so--the successful guys they will be interested in--those good looking, 30-35 successful lawyers/doctors/etc, if they're smart, will be going after hot 22-26 year old women who have years longer to go before their looks start drastically fading away.

Men age like wine. As we get older, 3/5 of the points women want in men--Money, Power, Status--all increase if the guy focuses and works. If he's not an idiot, and he kept himself in shape, and learned game--he'll be killing it. A 30 year old guy who maintained himself and worked hard can get a 23 year old hot babe, easy. Why go for a 30 year old career girl (aside from, she's a spy, commando, hot MMA fighter) when you could get a 23 year old babe? Women don't mature as they get older, the wall just forces them to adjust their behavior.

• Wow.. If I wouldn't feel so shady switching BA, I sure as hell would. Women may not like what you have to say, but again, it's just the nature of the beast. And I agree, we can't expect a girl to change or be like our guy buddies.

• This is another prime example of how women are not actually equal with men. A man could, and usually would, have just attempted to use logic and argue my point. This woman who just commented, however, lacks the mental faculties to do so, so she resorts to attempting to discredit me by calling me gay, for stating facts she cannot refuse. A perfect example of how women simply aren't equal to men, and you cannot expect them to be. Just find a woman who's "decent, gor a girl" and you're ok.

• *for a girl, forgive the typo, fellows.

• I've never dated say no

• Do I resent women as a whole? No. Do I resent certain specific women? Yes. Would I ever date these women? No. If I resented women as a whole, I wouldn't even be in the dating game, and I can't understand why anyone that does resent women as a whole would want to be in the dating game. It doesn't make sense.

• I'm not sure that resent is the right word. I still love and respect women, I'm not a misogynist by any stretch of the imagination. However, I am kind of jaded. I've been rejected and used by women so many times that I sometimes wonder if there are any good women left in this world. I still hope to find love, but I don't feel like I can keep putting myself out there only to be hurt again. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations.

• Great answer. Your predicament is exactly like mine.

• Yeah. It's like, I know that many of the women out there have been hurt by bad guys, and that they're trying to avoid being hurt by hurting guys first, but maybe they should take the time to realize they actually have a good guy in front of them that would never hurt them. Women are always saying that they want to find a nice guy, but when they finally do find one they use him and hurt him and move on. I just don't get it.

• Women have this delusional idea that they can "tame" those guys. After being burned and mentally scorned for maybe a decade, they're 25 and are unhappily alone or unhappily in a one-sided, physically and or mentally abusive relationship. Usually at this point they go for the good guy. But who wants used goods?