How old to online date?

Ok so I maybe a bit young to try it, I know its usually what people save as a last resort, but I want to try online dating. I know you have to be 18 for most if not all sites. I am 17, A: is 18 to young socially to be looking online? B: Will it be harder to get older women if I'm still in high school and living with the folks (yes I drive and have a car)? What are the different variables that make one a good prospect online, not like lying but is traveling a big deal? How often ect.?

Thanks girls (and guy)! I feel there is confusion for why I want to, I live in a small community where the majority is either red neck, "ghetto" (or as I call trash as ghetto means a ethnic neighborhood) and rebel goth or what ever you want to call it. I tend to like elegant girls and I tried to step out of my comfort zone a few times... didn't work out well for me or the girls and I can't seem to find a nice girl to date now. Thank you again I think I'm going to wait another year or two.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm on a dating website and I'm 20 years old. I do see underage people on the website, but it worries me because I get messages from a lot of creeps every day and I worry that they are the types of people who take advantage of others, particularly younger people and possibly naive people, who they can easily take advantage of. Besides, most dating websites won't allow minors to join.

Like I said, I'm 20 years old and I date older guys because I'm uncomfortable dating someone immature. I think girls 20 years old, and older, generally like maturity. If you're mature for your age, you might not have a problem, but the older the woman, the more maturity is expected - unless she's not looking for a serious relationship or has nurturing issues.

I still don't think you should join a dating website and I'm not sure what you mean by "dating variables", but travelling is often a big deal because people on dating websites often like to meet in person and spend time together in person.

• The part about nurturing issues made me laugh^. lol And what I meant by dating variables is the different factors that could affect the way two people interact. Thx

What Girls Said 13

• Theres a lot of teen dating sites bro! I'm 17 and I'm on one, just cause I live in the middle of corn and there's only hillbillies with 5 teeth at the best. You can go on meetme.com. And I honestly don't know the mindset of a cougar, but I'd imagine it might be tricky to pick up older ladies living with the rents. But she'd probably understand since you're still in high school. :) Just remember, the best relationships are derived from friendship. Good luck, have fun! :D

• I would think its not the best, just because you are stepping into a lake when you are used to a pond. The fact you are still in high school and live at home, isn't the best turn on for most girls. Most girls out of high school are attracted to older guys. I think the variables that you are concerned of is, along the parameters of your maturity. If distance is a issue, it will arise with you being in high school, and not even of legal age. However, I'm not too sure what age range you are targeting, but if it is someone else who is 17, then I don't really see it as an issue with someone who say is in college living outside of town about 30 minutes.

• at 18 you can pretty much do whatever ya want, some dating sites cost money and some can be expensive, if you're lookin' for a date you should talk to girls/women on the social networking sites you use, that's what I did and I made a real close friend on one of them and I couldn't be more happy! but just socialize with people on the internet, that's what I did and I didn't have to worry about my age or even paying for anything for that matter...

• I got on it when I turned 19. It wasn't a last resort, just a way to get to know a lot of different people

• I think it's 18 but not sure. It could be harder to date an older women. Not sure how much older you are talking about. I am 26 and wouldn't date someone in high school or too young.

• yeah, its 18. just keep using Facebook for the rest of your 17 y.o life.

• 18

• Your too young, you can wait for online girls..they will always be there. Why not date someone you have seen in person already...plus dating online can be dangerous. Just give yourself sometime...

• I tried that way... this is 13 failed relationships later and me fed up with trying to sift threw the red neck girls here to find the few elegant girls who are attracted to me.

• Yeah it may be hard because honestly most women are not going to give you a chance because of your age. You are still a kid and I don't mean that hatefully.

• It is not a last resort, it's a tool. Yes you are too young for an older woman. Are you looking to get laid and learn something?

• No lol well it wouldn't hurt but no I'm looking to be serious.

• i don't think you will find people your age on dating websites, most are way older.

• 18 is the age but lol that's young but I can identify since I'm your age and I want to try it. It's very stressful when you fall for someone and can't get to them though.

• 18 I think

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, I'm not considering using online dating until I am 18, but even then I want to finish my senior year of high school first. I'll try to find a girl over the next several months in my school. If It doesn't work, than over the summer I will use online dating. Yes it will be harder for you to date because most women on dating sites are in college and want a guy that is older than herself.