Guys: If you're dating a girl who you find extremely attractive do you not care about her intelligence?

Guys: if you are dating a girl who you think has a pretty face and a nice body. Do you care about intelligence? Where does that rank on level of importance in your dating process?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I can't date someone that I don't mentally connect with... I usually find it dull if they can't talk about many things. I'd say I'd rank it around third... I do rate looks above it as well as loyalty and 'being nice' (couldn't think of a better way to say it). I'd rate the latter two as joint first and looks as second... Intelligence is good, but it depends... I've known intelligent girls who I could not get on with because they felt the need to argue with me about absolutely everything to show me how much they knew and so that 'i'm not right all of the time'. Like whatever, it's not about 'winning'.

What Guys Said 5

• I would. I used to place a high value on intelligence when I was younger. Then I realized I'm smart enough for 2 people and accepted the fact that my mate may not always be as smart as me!

Besides, to me kindness is higher on the hierarchy. If she's kind, I don't care how dumb she is. If she's unkind? Then I don't care how hot physically attractive she is, I won't continue dating her.

• Yeah, I don't want her to be dead brained stupid, but I would be totally frosty with her being average in smarts. I am already a lot smarter than a lot of people anyways, so I don't expect too much from her. As another user said, kindness is a lot more important. I can't date a bitch.

• There are so many other factors to consider. In an ideal world, I'd like to date someone that's at least as intelligent as I am, regardless of physical hotness.

• Yes. That's obviously going to be an issue after the first few conversations.

• I care. I wouldn't date a stupid girl, no matter how pretty she is.

What Girls Said 2

• Good question. I've wondered this for a long time... I'm intelligent but I have a mild learning disability and I'm very self conscious about it. I'm gonna have to find a guy who's okay with me being a little slow. :)

• I think all guys care if they want to actually date. If it's just for sex, they don't' give a shit.