My boyfriend had sex with another girl so she would leave us alone, am I supposed to be mad?

Alright, I'm pretty young at only 17 and I've been dating my boyfriend for around 2 years. There's this girl that for the last 2 months can't stop trying to pursue him by telling him how they're meant to be and how she's in love with him and how she'll do anything for him. A couple days ago, we ran into her at the mall and the things she said made me uncomfortable. While we drove back, my boyfriend noticed my lack of interest and how distracted I was. Eventually he asked me what was wrong and I told him that I was bothered and uncomfortable because the girl keeps on pursuing him and doesn't leave us alone. I told him I want her out of the picture. Of course, my boyfriend never responded when she did try to pursue him but it still made me uneasy. So, yesterday I walked to his house, notcied the door was open, walked right in and noticed him and the girl having sex. I walked right out and he followed me with a robe on, trying to talk to me but I was upset. He said he was doing this for me, because I said I wanted her to leave us alone and she agreed she would if she just had one date and sex with my boyfriend. I was still angry, I didn't want her to bother us but I definitely didn't want that either.. do I have a right to be mad? Or, should I just let it go?

Ok, update, I broke up with him and he's apparently "devastated" but honestly, idgaf at all.. I was never thinking of staying with him and the only reason I added the "am I supposed to be mad?" part is because it seems as if everyone who knows us personally thinks its not THAT MUCH of a big deal.. but, whatever. Thanks for all your help (:

Most Helpful Girl

• He was doing this for you? Ugh...no, I'm not buying that AT ALL! That's crazy! How can he cheat on you with this obsessive girl and then say "baby, I did this for us!" Yea. Sure ya did.

I highly doubt that this girl is going to leave your boyfriend alone now that she has had a piece of him. I can't believe your boyfriend would be dumb enough to believe this and to actually act on it. If anything, the girl is now going to go around thinking all high and mighty of herself because she was able to 'steal' your man from you. Or she will become even more obsessed with completely winning him over.

You absolutely have a right to be angry. He cheated on you. I would be livid.

Break up with him. Don't let this behavior go. He never should have ever thought this would be okay with you. Any logical person would see how bad of an idea this was.

No excuses, break up with him. Don't let him pull any wool over your eyes.

• The people who know him aren't dating him. That's why they don't see it as such a big deal. Kudos for you for doing what you felt was right. I'm sure if that happened to his friends, they would feel the same way you do.

What Guys Said 7

• HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA..If you fall for that, you're an idiot.

• Your only choise is to break up. Don't ever think for anything else he is fooling you.

• No, you should be very mad...

• you are too young to be having sex!

• what!?

and they continued having sex?

just break up already. one of the worst excuses I've ever heard.

• Let this go? Are you crazy? Having sex with someone chasing you..IS NOT GOING TO HELP. He did it for you? Unbelievable! If you believe his BS...then you deserve to stay with him, and get hurt even further!

• @ update. Good!

• Of course you have the right to be mad. He thought he could get away with this behind your back. It's not your fault you're dating a f***ing idiot.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm going to put that on the list of "dumbest excuses guys make for cheating"

If that was his honest excuse for cheating then he is pitiful. But that is not the case. The truth is he slept with her because he could not fight the urge not to.

If you fall for his excuse then I don't know what to tell you. To answer your question, Of course you have every right to be mad. since when is it OK to cheat because the person won't leave you alone?

His excuse was too stupid. I had to be blunt.

• What? Don't be stupid, break up with him. What guy has sex with a girl for her to leave him alone? If he really respected you and your relationship then he would not have done that. You don't have sex with someone to get them to leave you alone. Lol That has to be the dumbest excuse for cheating I have ever heard. Cut him loose girl.

• @update: Good! Even though I don't know you, I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself and doing that. I'm sure it was somewhat difficult but it needed to be done. At least now you can find a more faithful and honest guy! :)

• LMAO wtf that's like the exact opposite, she would want to be coming back for more, not disappear in avoidance to help her stop pursuing him or so, that's what your boyfriend thought. Being 17 doesn't inable the ability to have common sense. This is pretty stupid. You should be mad, no question about it. That's the lamest excuse I've heard as far as cheating goes. Dump that dude.

• Um, wtf? No you should not let that go! He had sex with another girl for you? Do you know how crazy that sounds! You def have a right to be mad and you should probably call it quits with the guy! How many other girls is he gonna sleep with for "you". Don't sell your self short girl, find a man who treats you with respect because what he did right there is totally disrespectful and disgusting!

• no point in being angry. dump him.

• Of course you should be mad

• It seems to me like the girl was creeping on him, because they were already having sex. When you want someone out of your life, you don't sleep with them. He was obviously lying to you.

• His excuse is pathetic. Cut him loose.

• Oh WHAT!? Do you have a rigth to be mad? Is this a real question? NO GOOD MAN would ever do that to you! A good man would have told her to her FACE to GET LOST, that's how you get someone to leave you alone. He slept with her because he's a selfish pryck and knew he could easily get some on the side from her. They are both losers and maybe she's right, they probably do deserve each other. Yuck, dump his sorry ass.

• Is this for real?

Yes, you have every right to be mad. He didn't do it for you, that's preposterous. He did it because he was horny and she was available, period.

He's a cheater, dump him.

• Good for you! :-)