Why do guys like long hair better than short hair?

I have short hair. But I know that most guys like long hair. Is it not that long hair gets in your face when you cuddle, in your mouth when you kiss and in your eyes when you have sex? So why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cultural conditioning to view it as feminine.

What Guys Said 19

• Because its flowing and elegant. Because girls with long hair are constantly switching it up into a french braid, a low bun, etc. which shows off their natural creativity and keeps them looking new and interesting. Because they take care of it and brush it while they talk you while sitting on the edge of the bed. Because it has a smell to it that that is all woman. Because it feels good when it drapes across you. Because it's cute. Because it's sexy. Because it's a wild mess during sex. Long hair is famine... What's not to like?

• who said a little more hair was a bad thing? I think short hair can be cute too. I enjoy a girls long hair because it's fun to play with and I go crazy for a girl who knows how to lightly curl their hair correctly. When they do it right, I melt. I love it when girls do that :)

• It's just more attractive to me personally I like the wave and flow of it I guess and more hair is better to me, can't really explain it.

• Cause girls with short hair look like feminine dudes.

• Cause you're a girl.

• I personally like shoulder length to chin length hair. I actually despise super long hair, that goes down to your lower back sort of thing. It gets in the way of EVERYTHING. As long as a girls hair is long enough for me to play with and still looks feminine, I will be fine.

• I don't.. It depends on a girls face shape whether or not she looks better with short hair or long hair.

• It is simply more feminine.

• I suppose it's perceived as more feminine. Plus Iike running my fingers through it.

• Long hair is seen as more feminine by the masses.

• its more attractive

• long hair can be sexy. but most of all:

traditioooooooooon~ tradition... TRADITION.

i forgot where that was from. fiddler on the roof maybe?

• I like long hair better then short hair because most girls with long hair are so dang gorgeous. But I am not saying that short hair girls are ugly because I see some cute ones now and than. Finally, some short hair girls do not look feminine.

• So we can have something to hold during doggy style. ;)

• Probably the same reason why girls like short hair on guys. It's just what you see most commonly

• It looks feminine.

It feels good to touch.

• Men are not the only reason women have long hair. Women prefer the look as well. Both genders typically think long hair is more feminine. That's the answer.

• cuz it looks more feminine.

• It just seems more feminine to me. When I see short hair I think masculine. It doesn't help that so many butch lesbians wear short hairstyles.

What Girls Said 11

• It's pretty and it gives off a very feminine and healthy appearance. Of course short hair can be really nice (and very hard to pull off) but it's more of a severe, businesslike look. And since women typically keep their hair shorter as they age, long hair might be indicative of youth.

• It's more feminine. But I agree, having long hair is a pain when you're trying to make out haha.

• It's more feminine

And long hair doesn't get in the way when you cuddle, kiss or have sex. In fact, long hair is a tool during sex.

Few girls actually look good with short hair...

• association with femininity. I've noticed that this is more an issue on the internet,i don't see any guys that are particularly bothered by hair IRL,they may prefer long hair,but they don't really care if the girl is good looking

• It looks more feminine. But there's some girls who look good with short hair.

• Evolutionarily it's because long hair is a sign of health and femininity.

• bc someone told them they do.

• Why do women like short hair better than long hair? It's more masculine.

Long hair on a woman makes her look feminine.

• I like short hair because I don't have to stand 30 min. in front of a mirror every morning and still look good :P

• So they can pull it during doggie style sex LOL

• People don't think for themselves,and they allow others to dictate what is attractive and what's not.

• Society teaches people what to like and what not to like.Its pretty lame actually.