Was the first date successful?

So me and this guy went on our first date today (it was my first date EVER,im 15 btw) :D so everything went great we hugged ,we talked,we didn't have awkward silence moments and I had a lot of fun. At the end of the date he told me that he wanted a relationship with me and asked me if I feel the same way and I told him its too early (even tho I have had a crush on him for a few months lol) at the end of the date we hugged reallyyyyyyyy tight and he kissed me on the cheek ^^ .He said that he would love to meet up again and he calls me names like babe,princess,etc... My question is did I do the right thing telling him its too early for a relationship and do you think he really likes me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you did everything just fine. Make sure you talk to him within 48 hours (call him if he doesn't call you), and remind him that you had a great time and that you look forward to the next time. In other words, make sure he sees some light at the end of the tunnel, and that you didn't shut him down, but rather you just SLOWED him down a little bit. He needs to know there is still plenty of reason to hope for a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• yeah the first date is really early to have determined he wanted a relationship with you , maybe go on another date with him and see where things go and then determine if he is the guy your looking to date

What Girls Said 1

• When you go on your first date nothing should be rushed. Its your first date your not really too sure of who this guy is personally. Even if you have had crush on him for a long time. Most of time taking things slow benefits everyone in the end.