Why did my ex hug me?

Okay so I went to see some friends of mine and my ex (whom we share mutual friends with) was there. When I showed up he walked up to me with his arms open for a hug. I put my arms on his back quickly with one tap and then let go. He did not hug anyone else when they showed up. He hugged me like normal around my mid back (not the lower back or anything). He is not a hugger. Never hugged anyone before dating me and only hugged me when we were dating. We had not seen each other since January and stopped communicating for 5 months since he was ignoring me. He also seemed to want to distract himself when I was talking to another guy.Additionally he didn't pay me any attention or say anything to me the whole time but when I messed with him jokingly, he wasn't bothered by it. He hasn't contacted me sense and only liked some photos I posted from the event on Facebook (since I unblocked him and tagged the event he could see it).I know this doesn't mean he wants me back...but I want to know some other reasons why he would have done that? I found it strange, honestly. Was it just nostalgia that made him hug me?(sorry for the length, I just want to give a lot of detail).

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• He probably tried to show you he's fine. As in, trying to demonstrate he's not upset or tense or anything that could make you think he's not over you. Same applies to him not really paying attention to you but still being friendly/polite if you approached him. However.. he might have been tense after all, so he overdid his efforts to show otherwise (hugging you), which backfired and made things a tad awkward. Truth be told, it's normal to be like this around an ex. It's very easy to feel tense/confused when being near that person you shared so much with. It's something we are not used to dealing with and therefore we don't know how to act around them. Whatever the case, these are just a bunch of assumptions. There's a good chance he was being authentically polite as well.. and even if he wasn't, the result is the same, so no need to worry about it. And still, the fact that you've been wondering about this and even asking about it shows you probably were just as tense (:

• Yeah I kinda was. But I acted the exact same way I would if he wasn't there. Thanks for responding!

What Guys Said 1

• He probably is still respectful to you and treats you nicely, even if you're no longer together with him.

What Girls Said 0