Why do people tell me not to give up on dating?

Even though I approached one woman and got rejected. I'm never going to do it again, I'm not gonna pursue a woman and keep getting rejected over and over again. That's like masochism.

People have told me "get over it, don't give up, man up, stop being a coward." And other insults. And I've blocked the users who told me that. Luckily, I know when to pick my battles. And I'm not good with women or the dating game at all. So I just won't do it. I've met guys who feel the same way. Like me, they don't think It's worth it anymore. And I agree. If it happens, it will happen. If not, I'll live. That's my attitude towards dating now.

My family, friends, and people on here have told me to never give up on women. Why do they say that? Respectful answers please.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree . Most guys face a stacked deck, with a lot of guys pursuing girls, so they can pick and choose, usually choosing the one who spends the most money on her.

I'd opt out of that game. Meet only those who have some common interest with you. Join clubs for people with common interests--sports, literature, music--so that you aren't blindly asking out strangers you know nothing about any longer.

What Girls Said 4

• lol I gave up. I figured I need to focus on me and me only. the right guy hopefully will come around. I put my self fully into my last year of college and then work. I'm happy with it. do I think will I miss out by not dating or going out and partying. no not really I mean if it meant to be it will be. but if I am I made my choice.

• Yeah I'm just focusing on college I'm not expecting to get a girlfriend at all. Like you, I'm just focusing on me.

• Because you only gave it one shot, that's why. Most people with some experience know that dating can be really fun, and they probably just don't want you to miss out on it. Especially since you haven't really tried. But you know, it's your opinion and you have every right to refuse to approach women. Just don't feel entitled, or expect a woman to fall into your lap without you having to work for it at all.

• Because they are idiots. I agree you should tots give up.

• Because we already have enough quitters

What Guys Said 7

• People keep telling you to get over it and move on because they expect you to find a woman and be like most people are in the future. Married with kids. and that's what your family and friends want your future to be like. They wanna see you get married and have kids someday.

I gave up too. My parents and grandparents tell me the same things. They think that by staying single forever or a long time will make my life bad. They say I'll be lonely, depressed, feel worthless, etc. But I disagree. I can live the way I want to. It's my life. Family and friends can recommend things, but they can't make me find a girl. Well, in some places they can. Same goes to you. It's your life, your choice.

• It's what THEY want. I don't get lonely at all and I think my life would be better by myself.

• you gave up after one rejection? I'm sorry but if that's true, you probably don't deserve to find your dream girl. Nobody willing to give up that fast deserves anything. Not me, not you, not anybody. Since no guy is entitled to have a girlfriend, you need to actually work at it. Being rejected by women isn't even close to masochism, so you need to reread the definition of that word honestly. The problem I'm sensing is that you really have zero accountability for yourself. I get that from the last line. You get rejected once, and you are contemplating on giving up on women, as if the woman did something wrong by rejecting you. She exercised her free choice. It stings, but that's life. The age of women being obligated to entertain guys approaching her is over. If you want to give up because you aren't good with women, that's your right. Thankfully, you seem to be willing to accept the idea of living without a girl in your life. That's a perfectly fine and legitimate option.

Just don't make the mistake of fooling yourself into believing that you deserve something for doing nothing.

• Perfectly fine with that. I'm not contemplating on it, I already gave up. I'm focusing on me for now on.

• Because one experience doesn't define all experiences. It's easy to over-generalize a rule if it had bad consequences, but reality is that the rule you applied might have not been in the right order or the right situation. That might be why people will tell you not to give up on dating.

Personally, I gave up. Like 2 years ago after dating and dumping a girl (you never truly know someone until you date them and once you do sometimes you're not happy with your choice). I became extremely selfish afterward and started to Pump some serious IRON. I got women in their 30's looking at my d***, and teenage hyenas' having verbal ad nauseam (they gossip and can't stop laughing like "hyenas").

People don't want you to give up, because those who don't give up are the one's who Chase the most, as opposed to those who did Give up. Those who gave up get chased, therefore balancing the Equation.

• I don't chase women or approach them and I don't plan on doing it again.

• Most people tend to uniformity. They don't like other people not following the crowd.

Girls might have an extra reason for not wanting you to quit. A girl might not want you, but if you quit, it'll mean more competition relatively for her. The more men there are, the less competition there is to get a man.

• Basically, they want more men competing for them right?

• Basically, yeah. If you stay in the dating game, that benefits EVERY girl, whether any particular girl wants you or not.

• Now why I see all these women on here are attacking me. They want me to kiss their a** like some men do.

• LOL you want respectful answers ? How am I suppose to respect you when you come crying to the internet about HOW ONE GIRL REJECTED YOU. You know how many girls have rejected me? Neither do I that's how many but I don't care because I'm not a butthurt little kid.

• yeah some people need to get a reality check that they don't have what it takes, or they don't want to develop what it takes because if the person will not be attracted/like you for who you already are, then they are not worth it, it's not worth to change if the person won't accept you for who you already are

• You serious?