Going to see the one direction movie as a first date

I've like this girl for a while and we get on OK. A running joke between us and all our friends is that I like one direction. Since the movie is coming out I suggested me and her go see it together and she went along with it. She knows I like her so she knows it would be a date. Just wondering if this is a good idea for a first date or not?

I'm 18 and she's 17 by the way so we're. Not like little kids or anything

Most Helpful Girl

• The real question here should be: "Why do I like One Direction?"

lol just kidding : P

I think it's a great idea. It's keeping things light while sharing a similar interest. If you're feeling gutsy, ask her to grab a bite beforehand or ice cream after.

• I don't actually like one direction by the way it's just a little joke we have :p but she's not committing to anything so I'm not sure if she knows I'm serious ...should I tell her I'm serious about this?

• You don't necessarily have to say it like that...just be serious about making plans to see it, then she'll know you actually want to do it.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like a good idea

• Well, I can't stand One Direction, so personally I would hate it. But if she likes them, you like them and it is some kind of inside joke between you, it probably is the perfect first date you both will remember! Go for it and good luck! :)

What Guys Said 1

• It's a great, especially with the running inside joke. If you want to really drive home that it's an official date though, I'd throw in a bite or ice cream like others have suggested...it'll give you time to talk , which is huge for a first date and something the movie won't allow you to do.