Can a male to female pre-op transsexual find a woman to date?

I am m-f pre-op and attracted to females. Are there females out there for me? If so how do I find one?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a friend who was female and lesbian. She did a female to male operation. Her girlfriends even encouraged her. But after the op he lost his previous girlfriends because he was no longer their type. So even within the LGBT crowd it can be a problem. My friend did not want males, and the lesbians did not want him now that he was male.

Obviously straights were an even bigger problem.

Even thought it's a major deal and she went through all the counseling before the operation, at least once s/he expressed regrets after the operation. The problem is that she made way too many assumptions about how people would react. I think she just thought as a male he could date straight females. But that wasn't the case.

There were other reasons for wanting the male body. But when it came to relationships, s/he was even more limited in choices than before.

What Guys Said 4

• sounds pretty intense. Try online dating.

• At the risk of sounding ignorant / insensitive, how is that any different from being a regular straight guy who just likes wearing dresses? (I'm sure we've all heard the joke "I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body")

• Honestly, your best bet is people who are LBGT or other people who have undergone surgery.

Probably 99% of people would find this to be a deal breaker. Sorry.

• I'd recommend LGBT bars or online dating.

I think most girls (and most guys) aren't willing to date transsexuals.

Good luck :)

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't have a problem dating a trans person.

That said, if you're looking for people to date you on this site: this isn't a dating site.You'll have better luck trying a website specifically geared toward dating.

• No no I am just trying to get some ideas first, if a woman would be attracted to me and second, where would be a good place to find someone.

• I don't live near you but I don't really see why being transsexual would be a problem for me. I judge people based on how they interact with me and how they think of themselves.

• Wow! You sound pretty cool! Where abouts are you from? You don't have to tell me your address or anything lol just a general idea. Is that your pic on your avatar?

• Lol. Yes that is my picture in my avatar. I live in Perth, Australia - so not near most of the people on this site. Feel free to message me if you want to chat.

• If I was single I would, I am BI so I have always been interested in transgender/transexual people. :-) But I don't live anywhere near you and I am faithfully married. But just be yourself, open and honest and you will meet an open minded person who will accept you for you.

• I hope you are right. They don't only have to be open-minded they have to be attracted to me as I live as a female.

• It's going to be harder for you to find a woman, most likely. But not impossible. I suggest you try your hand at online dating.

• Of course you can