Think my girlfriend maybe needy?

so we had our first argument today and she claims that I don't talk to her enough even though we talk everyday. she was mad I didn't talk to her more yesterday when she was partying with her friends. I just thought that she wanted to have a girls night like she said so I didn't bug her I just told her to have a great time and that she deserves it. she told me that shed text me when she got home. I really hate texting if we phoned instead there would be no miscommunications. I tried texting her back but my text didn't go through so I guess she got really pissed off at that. today she was mad that I didn't talk to her enough even though I texted her when I got up and tried phoning her in the evening an textied then she didn't end up talking to me until a couple of hrs ago acting all pissed off and swore at me. apparently she didn't get any calls, bad reception or something. we just started going out last week. I'm just not sure if its going to work, she seems high maintenance and I'm just trying to back to school an I don't have much money. just seems to be a hassle, she willl be going to school to. I just don't know what to think, I want to make it work but I I'm having second thoughts. she's much younger than me. I don't know just venting I suppose

so I talked to her today, every things resolved. she was just really pissed because she thought I was ignoring her yesterday which I wasnt. I texted an called. she didn't think I called but I told her I don't have a reason to lie to her. I asked if she wanted to make things work, with the way she flew off the handle an posting stuff on fb. she told me she wanted to work things out an I told her I wanted to be with her. I tried calling her this morning to an she said she got no calls
i told her before my cell is a pos lol everything seems to be fine atm. she apologized for acting the way she did and I really appreciated that. humility goes a long way in relationships.
read the updates! lol its been taken care of, thanks for all the answers

Most Helpful Guy

• well I think you need to try and forgive her if this is the first issue you've had. If it is the first issue you had it seems like a leap to go from like her to she is needy, this won't work.

that said if she is significantly younger than you (i'll assume several years) then you may need to consider if she seems mature enough to handle the relationship particularly with you leaving for school.

but I think in terms of the actual events you need to sit down and explain your side. show her your attempts to text her. then tell her look I know you were disappointed but that was a really ugly side of you I saw. I don't deal with and don't think I should have to deal wtih that kind of abusive treatment over a simple miscommunication.

good luck... texting can be problematic like you said. I agree why do people text convos that could be resolved in a minute or two with a simple phone call

What Girls Said 7

• If you find her annoying or petty and don't want to make the effort to make her 100% happy, then dump her. If you are not willing to change or make a change it will all go to sh*t. Just saying. Miscommunication is the worse thing in a relationship, I went through it. So either buck up and be a man and make her happy the way she wants, or dump her.

If anything, talk to her and meet in the middle. Say you don't like texting and compromise on talking on the phone when she needs. Explain that when she's with her friends you thought she didn't want to talk during that and she wanted to enjoy her time. Say "Look, we seem to have different ways of communication and I wanna work through this, lets figure out a way to text/call when we're not together that will make us both equally happy.'

And by the way, the way you wrote you were having second thoughts was your answer. Dump her now or you're being a d***, bottom line. No boy who adores any girl will even consider 'second thoughts'.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I've just been the girl on the other side and it doesn't feel good. Just don't be selfish, above all.

• having second thoughts about her because the way she acted towards me, swearing an all that bs when I tried calling her. you're young you have no idea what you're talking about. people will always have second thoughts but I'm willing to make this work I just didn't appreciate the way she talked to me

• Whose to say that she won't speak to you like that all the time? Or treat you like that? If she's already being like that this early in the game, I don't know if that's a good sign. Most times in new relationships people are more reserved, on their best behavior so to speak they don't show their "true" colors until later into the relationship. Ultimately it's your decision whether or not you wanna try to make it work despite your dislike for the way she acted towards you!

• if you think she's needy it means her needs and yours are not compatible. if you stay with her even though you are apposed to her behavior, then you're quite needy yourself. or ud leave.

everyonme has needs its what were willing to do or no to do in order to have them met.

dont call people needy. it is a matter of whether you guys get along or not. I've got needs that someone else may not want to meet. doesn't mean you're needy even if those are the words they use. it means you guys don't go well together.

break up with her. you're already disrespecting her. its not going to get better.

• weve only been going out a week and she swore at me, I've never swore at her. whos being disrespected? typical women victimization bs. you have no idea what you're talking about

• dont twist this into war of sexes. clearly said PEOPLE have diff needs. not women vs men.

you belittle her needs... i.e. you don't respect her. I e you're disrespectful,

its reasonable to say you don't want to do xyz. you're judging her/ calling her needy for wanting what she wants. you dnt respect her.

doesn't mean she respects. swearing at you is disrespectful. you both are having difficulty respecting each other. that why I suggest you break up.

however if you want to try. TELL her your boundaries

• you can't not tell someone what you can't or don't want then throw a fit when they don't end up act exactly how you want. stop judging her because yore scared it won't work. talk honestly, expect her to & listen to what she's saying.

if you guys both say what your boundaries are and you can wrk it out-great. If you find it can't harmonize break up.

i don't 'chat' on the phone. I don't text. to message I email. pi tell guys that up front. if I don't tell them I have to accept they may call or expect me to.

• I think it's not needy, actually she wants reassurance that she's special to you. You won't find anything different with another girl, that's just how they are 8 out of 10 times. This might sound weird but if you are with a girl and she isn't at times wanting more of your attention, it means usually that girl does not care about you.

• If you're already 2nd guessing your relationship that's not a good sign! Sounds like you already know the answer to your question.

• You should tell her the same thing you're telling us...

• talk to her about it.

• tell her how you feel.

What Guys Said 3

• More like clingy if you ask me. She is clingy and needs to be dumped. I despise clingyness to the max -_-

• Some girls are parasites so just beware I don't think she is one but keep that in mind

• All girls are needy bro, just like all girls are crazy. It's just finding an acceptable level of both. Keep her away from sharp objects like knives and scissors.