How long should one wait before they start dating again?

I just came out of a 3-year relationship and I'm wondering how soon can I start dating again?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is not set time, you're not cooking a pizza. Whenever you feel ready and feel comfortable doing so.

What Guys Said 2

• There is no number. You can start dating as soon as you feel ready to do so. It can be the next day, a year from now, etc.

• That depends on how comfortable YOU feel with seeing someone new at any given point in time. Not a revenge/rebound kind of thing, but a true 'Am I comfortable dating this person or am I still too attached to the past [person] to be able to fully dive in with this new person?'

If you were looking for a general timeframe, 1/2 to one year would be suitable in society's eyes.

What Girls Said 4

• Recently got out of a relationship couple months shy of 3 years. .and although I haven't dated anyone just yet, my ex has. It took him just about a week to get right back up, and they have now being together for about a month. I myself do not feel this is okay, I don't really know how much time I'd say is okay to get back out there, but I can say start dating once you find a person who you really digg.

• whenever you're emotionally ready cause I think it would be unfair for the next guy if he is just like a "rebound".

• Really isn't a time frame. Start whenever you're ready.

• a month