How often do you call/text the person you're dating?

Whether they be girlfriend/boyfriend, significant other, etc, how often do you talk to them on the phone or text them (on average)?

Note: This does not include time physically spent together (dates, etc).

• Daily
    50% (9)70% (7)57% (16)Vote
  • 2-3/week
    28% (5)20% (2)25% (7)Vote
  • 1/week
    6% (1)0% (0)4% (1)Vote
  • 1/2-3 weeks
    11% (2)0% (0)7% (2)Vote
  • Other (please specify)
    5% (1)10% (1)7% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|7

Most Helpful Guy

• When not in person I keep communication to a minimum because it's just not my nature. I generally don't contact them unless I have something important to say.

1|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 6

• Texting daily for short things to know what's up. I like sharing little tid bits of stuff throughout the day. The reason I don't consider it clingy is because if she don't reply, it's not a big deal. I consider it clingy when if I don't reply, I suddenly get more texts like "Are you there?" "Why aren't you replying?" "Are you mad at me?" etc.

My last girlfriend we conversed on the phone daily and she wasn't a big texter. I don't know if I'd be able to pull that off nowadays because I can be pretty busy. But I have managed to pull some Skype conversations off to meet someone before. But I had to fit it into my schedule.

I consider those who only communicate a few times a week to be casually dating and I wouldn't commit to those types of people because I would not feel close to them.

0|0
    1|0
  • If I am dating someone, and are not seeing each other every day. I expect at the least a good morning, and good night text. This however, cannot be expected to come from the same party always. There should be an equal effort from both sides.

Im not the most talkative person, so I prefer text, or physically spending time together

1|0
    1|0
  • Well it depends. If she's my girlfriend, then I'd try to contact her, even just text, every day. If she's just a girl I'm dating, then probably every other day at most. Guess I'll vote B

0|0
    1|0
  • Everyday.

...Even if I'm not dating her.

...Even if she never gave me her phone # to begin with.

...Even if she doesn't know me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since our classes are not in session yet, I've spent all day texting my significant other. Time physically spent together does not apply, as we are long-distance.

0|0
    1|0
  • Daily ideally, but of course they'll be busy some weeks/days so if then I won't bother em.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 8

• I hate using the phone for casual conversation. Ideally, I'd only call or text when briefly making plans to meet in person.

But every guy I've ever been with has been the really clingy type of guy who feels the need to be in constant communication so I've played along and communicated over the phone (usually via text) daily. Currently I'm taking a hiatus from relationships until I get my AA and transfer to a real university. Hopefully by then guys will be more lax with the communication and will give me space to breathe.

0|0
    0|0
  • A few times a week, usually.

He's not a big texter so I try not to bother him with that too much.

The only time we really talk on the phone is to talk about plans and stuff, it's easier than texting back and forth about it.

0|0
    1|1
  • I'm the kind to text/share things daily... phone calls are mostly reserved for making plans and or emergencies-or the odd weekend when you're feeling particularly clingy towards each other!

0|1
    1|0
  • Daily :) he's my boo, I gotta keep in touch

0|0
    1|0
  • Usually 2-3 times a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well whenever we're not around each other like if we're both at work or out with friends, we'll text.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the beginning, every day. After that it is twice a week

0|0
    0|0
  • one I casually dating. he text me daily...moring, noon..some evenings.

0|0
    0|0