24 and never kissed a girl. How to overcome this?

I want to experience my humanness. I'm so emotionally lonely. It's causing me to want to and not want to get into a relationship and kiss a girl. It's such a complex feeling which I don't know how to make sense of. How would others cope with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to evaluate your life. Take a pen and paper. Write down all good things that are happening in your life and all the good qualities you possess. Do the same with the bad. Write down all the things you want to accomplish in life and how you want to accomplish them. As much as we know ourselves it is always good to look at it on paper. Once you've done that you should go out and socialize especially in areas that you like and are comfortable in.

You are in the intimacy vs isolation part of your life ( Erikson's stages of psychosocial development). You need to establish your identity before being ready for long term committed relationships.

Why do you think you haven't reached that milestone?

• I grew up experiencing detachment and loneliness on many levels. I can't even relate to my family. I realized my emotional and sensual potential just before my 22 birthday. Sometimes it's soothing and sometimes raging and mostly confusing. Although I'm nested on campus, around people who are my type, I haven't been able to cope with the mental situation which is veiling me from taking the step

• I know exactly what you mean. I'd suggest you talk to your university guidance counsellor. You may just be lagging behind in your psychosocial development ( Identity vs. Role Confusion ) which is becoming normal as adolescence seems to be becoming longer. You may just need to take a leap of faith and to learn to trust your first instincts

What Girls Said 1

• aww, it's okay! You just got to get out there and socialize :) nothing will happen if you don't go out and act. you'll be sweet!

• I'm very social and very smooth with my speech and out there. Especially since I'm in university.

• That's great! You're probably just having a phase of self debate. I think tedstar knows what he's talking about better than me :)

What Guys Said 3

• I know exactly how you feel. I'm also 24 and have never kissed a girl. Never even held hands with a girl in fact. The loneliness can be overwhelming at times. But I cope with it, somehow.

• hate how people say it is never too late

• go bang a hooker. it's the only way you're going to get laid.