Guy who texted me every day. What was up with that?

So, there was a guy who I took a class in college with last semester.We met in the beginning of the class and from them on, we basically texted each other every single day. It was usually him who would initiate the convos. But then break happened and during the break the texting kind of died off and eventually stopped. We did study a lot together and hang out a lot during the class time. Thinking back, I am wondering if he did this because he liked me in any way? Or is this normal for guys to do? I have never before or ever since texted someone regularly like every day. Any input?

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably liked you but didn't like how long it was taking to get things rolling. He might've had issues with rejection. Some guys will wait for an imagined "golden opportunity" to sweep you off of your feet. If one doesn't naturally occur they split. He might still like you. Intiate something if you're dying to find out.

• Wait. So guys who are not "interested" won't do this?

• Most won't. Most fellas hate to be chained to their phones. I hate texting. I never text women unless I know that it'll help my odds.

What Guys Said 10

• Maybe he thought of you as a friend, but since you were not taking the class with him anymore, he forgot you, and other things came up. There is no guarantee that he liked you, but perhaps he just didn't have anything to talk about anymore.

• Maybe. Thanks for the comment

• But do guys like texting?

Seriously.

• Guys text. But guys text a lot less than girls, I've heard.

• yeah I am sure he liked you.

Maybe you should just say hi.

I mean you are thinking of him, so maybe you should see what he is up to.

If you can see a relationship with him, its only fair to check in with him too.

It goes both ways.

• Thanks for your opinions

• It sounds like he liked you, and was waiting for you to make the next move.

• By the sounds of it he liked you and wanted something to happen...but during break appears he probably met someone else and put his time into them

• He liked you and he was lonely. Perfect.

• That's probably what happened. Thx

• You'll spread your wings and you'll learn how to fly

You'll do what it takes til' you touch the sky

And you'll make a wish

Take a chance

Make a change

And breakaway~

• Obviously he liked you and wanted to have your attention as much as possible. Also it's very demoralizing when a guy has to contact a person all the time first, makes them feel like you don't give a sh*t.

• He probably likes you.

• Funny, your post seemed emotionally neutral. Are you genuinely curious as to this persons texting pattern or did you kinda enjoy him texting you?

Honestly, most dudes that text a girl every day like that probably has/had a thing for you. The fact that he would usually initiate the convos. probably made him think you weren't interested or he was probably bothering you.

You should probably just text him and ask him.

• I just assumed that it was a friend thing because that's what I do with some of my friends. Had no idea at the time.

I never made it seem like he was bothering me and I really did initiate many too. Initially it was mostly him and then about 50/50 I guess

• If you never texted him and it was always him texting you why do you care?

I think girls like having someone "chase" them just for the sake of chasing so they can think "wow I'm so hot and everyone wants me, look there's a guy who texts me that I don't even text first"

but then he dumped you like a bad habit lol

Good for him that he moved on, and it was probably because of class

• I never said I didn't text him. We usually just went back and forth but I was just saying it wasn't me who kept texting first.

What Girls Said 0