Have any guys had success with PlentyofFish.com?

I've been on POF for a few months now and I've slacked off on sending messages, browsing the web, this seems like a common complaint from guys about that dating site. Aside from changing my height from 5'6 to 5'10, and my career from "Movie Theater Shift Manager-in-Training" to something far more interesting and lucrative like "Brain Surgeon" or "CEO", which just seems shallow to exaggerate or forge my personal details to make myself more presentable.

So aside from that option, have any guys had luck on POF without lying about themselves?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've met a few people from POF. I've had 2 relationships off of it. One lasted for 2 years and one I am currently in going on 6 months.

I really think that online dating can be hit or miss. You can either have amazing success with it, or just not have any success at all.

What types of messages are you sending? Is it just a "Hi, how are u?" or is it a really well thought out message? I'm not suggesting you write an essay, but give a thoughtful message. You may have to do this many times, as a lot of people are either not interested, aren't really taking online dating seriously or have forgotten they made the profile. This might seem discouraging, and it can be, but if you are using online dating as a supplemental tool, paired with other ways to meet people, you will have better success.

You don't have to lie about yourself. Talk about future goals, talk about what you are doing. You are a movie theatre shift manager, that's not a bad job. Obviously you work, and work hard enough to be promoted. That alone speaks for itself.

Make sure your profile has more to it than just bare basics. Go into details about what you want in a person, what you like to do hobbies-wise and also include a decent amount of pictures. Good pictures and not ones of you with buddies (because girls can have a hard time figuring out who they are about to meet).

What Girls Said 2

• I met a couple guys on plenty of fish and had a few dates...definitely don't lie on your profile though!

• Don't lie b.c a woman will find out and you will never find someone to spend the rest of your life with.

Also get a haircut and a new wardrobe

What Guys Said 8

• ive talked to a lot of girls on there but nothing in the way of dates. couldve dated this one girl but I ended up meeting some one in rl. she had kids/baggage anyway, wasn't interested. id say girls have more success as it seems men are the ones that are more actively seeking relationships, women just wait for us to talk to them. there's the odd one that's brave but very few and far between. you'll have better luck flirting in real life

• so your like this guy link

• In fairness, a difference of four inches wouldn't probably be as much as an obvious disappointment as more than a foot, and that's if they point it out.

• Nope, I failed hardcore but probably because I have nothing really to offer. I'm not a good looking fit guy, don't have a nice vehicle, still live at home and my job barely pays off what spending I have. Yeah, I talked to a few people on there, but none were interested in getting to know me beyond a friend kind of thing. I actually have come to despise dating now and I deleted my POF account a long time back.

• No success at all. Struggled to even get responses from overweight single mums. Didn't get any dates. Except when I used pictures of a male model rather than myself, I suddenly became very popular then.

The truth is young women have a huge amount of options. This means the only ones who have to use online dating are very picky. On top of this on online dating women have even more options as guys outnumber women and also send far more messages. So you end up competing with tonnes of other guys for each very picky woman.

• Actual dating? No

I've received flirts and had people click yes on me on that meet me thing.

But are from over weight women or from women with kids.

• All I found was left overs.

• Had good success with girls who just wanted sex from there.

• just lie dude. say you're 6'2" and a software engineer working on the next big thing with an 8 inch c0ck.

• And that doesn't seem superficial to you at all?

• who cares. do you wanna get laid or not?