Should I text first?

I really like this guy that lives 40 minutes away from me. We text sometimes, but not as frequently as I would like. I want to text him to ask him to hang out, but my pride is getting in the way. I don't want to keep texting him, seeming like I'm trying too hard/putting in all the effort. Should I just go ahead and text him first? Help D':

Most Helpful Girl

• ALWAYS REMEMBER ONE RULE!

NEVER EVER MESSAGE FIRST! LET THE GUY MESSAGE YOU ! that's how they have been brought up to chase women and approach them! do not in any circumstances disclose your feelings or approach him first! its their job let them do! otherwise you will seem desperate and not wanted by any guys! I am saying this by experience! save your dignity!

also if he's interested he will message you!

• if he thinks you are worth it he will never ever let you go no matter how egoistic he is or how timid he is! seriously I am being honest here do not message first! guys don't like girls who are emotionally invested in anything! not at the initial stage for sure!

What Guys Said 1

• why don't you just give hintes you like hearing from him? answer my last 2 questions please? its related to your problem haa

What Girls Said 3

• You will never know if you don't try! It's a text...just go for it!

• Who cares what it seems like. . . just text him if it feels right.

• Just do it! He might be feeling the same way.