Why is online dating so bad?

It seems like if you are a guy your messages get ignored. Also the women who want to send you messages never message you and or you are not attracted to them or their personality. The person you want has like 30 guys hitting on her and she goes out with at least 7 of them and one of them is not you lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why is online dating so bad?

Possibly because many people that are on online dating are undesirable, there's a consumer culture where people are often seeking the bigger better deal, guys tend to outnumber gals, and it seems most guys tend to overlook the vast majority of gals and focus on the most attractive ones ala studies like OK Cupid Your Looks Your Inbox where 2/3 of male messages go to 1/3 of the most attractive gals.

What Girls Said 2

• I met my boyfriend on Match, so it definitely worked for me! I only ignored guys who were: out of the age range I clearly specified, not Christian (another thing I listed as a deal breaker in my profile), smokers (the smell gives me migraines, so it just wouldn't work), or utterly creepy (asking where I lived, making innuendos, etc). Yes, as a pretty young girl, I did get a lot of attention...BUT most of it was from guys I'd already disqualified for one or more of the reasons listed above. I only talked to 2 guys (one being my now bf) who actually met those requirements. I got a lot more messages from guys who were old enough to be my father than anything else. >.<

• It's a place for a majority of creepers, fake people, people with issues, or like you said people with unattractive personalities.

What Guys Said 2

• You probably have to lower your standards. Are you messaging girls that are OK looking and not super pretty?

• women are much more picky online