Anyone find it difficult to get motivated for dating?

If so, what are your reasons?

Personally I have a lot of stress in my life and have to deal with all of that. I worry that in the future I am going to be so used to just looking out for myself that I will be disgusted at the thought of some woman feeling entitled that I take care of her when I've fought so hard for everything I've earned.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I'm not even a dating kind of gal, because it's not really a part of my culture. Where I live, people basically get into relationships with people they already know from their social circles. And I guess some people go through some kind of dating phase, but it's much less formal and a lot more chill. We don't call it dating, we just call it hanging out hahaha. So there's none of that "oh em gee third date" or "aaaah when should I call him/her next" stuff. It sort of just happens.

As for yourself, do whatever feels good, man. Society has some damn high standards when it comes to dating (EVERYONE should be doing it and EVERYONE should be married before 30!1!1) but you don't have to do any of that if you don't want to. Take your time. Also, "taking care" of a woman is probably not what you think it is. It's more of a "I got your back while you got mine" kind of thing, I think. Comparable with what most families, and even some friendships, have. It's more about just being there for her for support (and not necessarily financially), just as she will be there for you when you need it.

What Girls Said 3

• No. Honestly just take your time dude. You have a lifetime to date but don't wait for too long. Nowadays women are not so much dependent on men as they use to. I think when a woman wants to be "taken care" by a man, doesn't necessarily mean financially. But if you aren't ready yet and you have no motivation then wait.

• Good answer, what do you consider "too long" in terms of waiting?

• When you're bed confined accompanied by solitude and not by your significant other. Another reason why people aren't motivated is because dating in this generation isn't the same as it was a few years ago. People aren't looking to settle down and be serious at a reasonable age. All they want to do is fool around and that's how people get hurt. But only you will know when that time is right.

• I'm pretty much caught up with work so hardly ever have time for my +self

• sometimes, but only because it is pretty had to date in my town because word gets around and people critiize a lot and cliques are pretty tight

What Guys Said 3

• I wasn't motivated for a while to date because I was sick of girls who were full of bullsh*t or just not right for me. But I think you need to get to a point where you are OK being alone and have gone through people who aren't right for you before you meet the one who is right for you and are ready to take the proper steps with that person to have a great relationship. I think being not motivated to date is just out of frustration, but eventually you will learn from the past and get ready to get back in the game.

• I'm not at all motivated to date, because its stuck in my mind that women only consider two things while dating - looks and money. I look above average (not really 'good looking') and I do have a steady job with a decent income. But still, it makes me highly insecure.

• Because I feel if I put too much commitment into it I might come across as desperate