Is it acceptable to date your best friend's younger sister?

I would think yes, because why not? But I'm pretty lax about what people should and shouldn't be allowed to do. so what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I personally think it's OK. I think you can date whoever you want. I think who you can date is between you and the person you're trying to date. (And possibly the parents of that person, if they're a minor, but even then they can't necessarily stop you.) But with that said, I think it should also be noted, that your friend might take issue with it. He might not like the idea of you dating his sister, for one reason or another. So it's acceptable, and you can do it, but he might not think so.

If he takes issue with it, then you have a choice. Date the girl and jeopardize your friendship with him, or respect his wishes, and leave the girl alone. Personally, I really don't think it's up to him, but like it or not, that choice is always a risk of coming into play.

So yeah I agree. You should be allowed to date whoever you want, so long as it's legal. But that doesn't mean you won't have to make some hard choices when you date someone. Some people's toes might need to get stepped on. It just happens.

That's what I think.

What Girls Said 5

• It should be okay, but you'd have to promise her brother it won't change your friendship with him. That means if you and his sister break up, you can't avoid going to their house or anything like that.

• It would depend on how much younger she is, so if you're over 18 she needs to also be over 18 or at the age of consent in your state. Also, make sure your best friend is okay with it or you could end up loosing a friend. If he's not, respect that, and try to put yourself in his shoes.

• I think it is OK, I have a friend who got acquainted with her close friend`s brother and they have been married for a year now.

• I don't think so

• at any age, not really but at your age definitely not.

• my age. lol. honey this age isn't anywhere near correct.

• You asked I answered. Get over yourself I'm way older than you.

• wanna bet?

What Guys Said 6

• Personally I would say no. To me, best friends sisters and ex's are both out of the question.

The former because I have a younger sister and wouldn't want my friends going out with her and the latter purely from the 'bro code'

• acceptable by whom? him? I wouldn't bet on it. more times than not, it's a no-no. sometimes, guys will say 'hell yeah' because you will be part of the family. ask your friend, first, if he minds. if he does, you'll know real quick. there have been a lot of good friendships lost over this.

• I'd say yes as long as you are looking for a relationship and not a piece of a$s

• I had feelings for my best friend's younger sister. When he found out about it, he was OK with it, in fact he told me that he'd much rather see her with a good guy like me than with the crappy guy she was dating at the time.

• I think it depends on the opinion of your best friend. Think about it, if you had a sister that your friend wanted to date. Some guys you might say no way, and other guys you would love to intro your sister to them, and love it if they dated.

Now, if the best friend starts f***ing your sister...that could change your mind.

• No.

Of course you don't. You sound like the one wanting to get his d*** wet.