Girls, would you date a guy who has a career in computers/software?

What personality do you associate with that profession, if any? Do you all consider that "boring" like an accountant or something

In particular, what about someone in the security field (a guy who knows how to "hack" and break into systems...he basically ensures bad guys don't do it)

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls, would you date a guy who has a career in computers/software?

No as I find guys in such career fields tend to be introverts that are bitter, resentful, and/or misogynistic towards gals.

What personality do you associate with that profession, if any?

I associate the nice guy either:

- the bitter hypocrite who is forever holding a grudge against the hot gal in high school for not seeing his oh so special inner qualities when he was solely/mainly interested in her for her hotness

- the resentful misogynist who thinks him being nice is why is lacking in his romantic/sexual pursuits and that gals like jerks

- the geeky introvert with unrealistic expectations of female beauty in exchange for what he has to offer

Do you all consider that "boring" like an accountant or something?

I consider it boring.

What Girls Said 4

• As long as he has a sense of humor, kind heart, treats me with respect and loves me for me... I could care less about what job he has. (as long as he has one =P) Personally I love geeky and intellegent guys. Their usually sweet and funny and if they play video games I'm sold! =D

• Absolutely, I've always been especially attracted to "computer nerds" cause I usually have a lot in common with them. I don't think it's a boring profession, not like accounting anyway. It's maybe not the most exciting profession but I've always thought it was a fairly interesting one. They usually make good money too which obviously is never a bad thing. My boyfriend is a software developer.

• Yeah It's a job, so I don't care. As long as he's comfortable working there and it's decent enough for him, since it's him who has to get up and go to work there everyday, I'm fine with it.

• Yes I would

What Guys Said 0