How do you develop confidence in dating a girl?

How do I talk to her without sweating? how do I make conversation?

Most Helpful Girl

• Remember that she's not only a woman but also a human-being with flaws who's probably just as nervous as you are :) Talk about topics that you are interested in and if you're lucky she'll be interested as well or like you enough to act as if she was. If she's not any of those, she's not somebody who you'd like to spend your time with. As John Green once nicely phrased it: “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

What Girls Said 1

• If you are nervous while talking to a girl it means that you care about her reaction. Try to not care anymore. Just focus on the topic itself rather than on yourself or her reaction.

What Guys Said 3

• try to remember that most people are nervous dating so you aren't alone. also consider that nerves aren't bad but being overly nervous so that it affects your ability to converse will be apparent (also not necessarily bad as it can be endearing and flattering).

just talk to her about things that will give her a chance to open up. so open ended questions. find out what she likes, how she feels about certain things. I know when I was dating I would sort of formulate questions in my head before hand so that I could have some things to talk about. but generally as a first date you just want to show that you are really interested in getting to know her

• Ugh 30-35 too old! too old!

• Well, converstions can vary depending on the circumstances. You'll have to figure out the meat and potatoes of the conversation. Ask her questions, try to be funny. If she likes you, she'll help you keep the convos going. You will have plenty of confidence and no sweating if you mentally convince yourself you don't care if you get turned down. Don't give strangers that much power over you.