Why does he want me to drunk text him?

There is this guy that I have been interning with for the past 3 summers, we have been texting more often outside of work, and been becoming much closer. Recently he wants me to drunk text him, whenever I go out. I am not much of a drinker and when asked why he wants me to drunk text him, he said it is because he wants me to text him silly things. I like him, but I don't know if he likes me.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're a guarded sort of person, it's an easy way to get you to lower your guard and be open and honest.

Otherwise, maybe he just wants to poke fun at you and see what you're like when you cut loose. He might also worry about you some, and so if you're in touch he can know what's going on and whether you're okay.

What Guys Said 2

• He likes you and wants to know what you'd be like with your libido up and your defenses down. Or, he could be hoping you'll get down and dirty with him. He could be hoping that if you are drunk he could say something serious about wanting to hook upwith you and if you utterly reject it, he hopes you won't remember tomorrow. Or, it could be ...

• He wants to see what you have to say when you're drunk.

What Girls Said 2

• He told you - it's because he wants to hear from you when you're relaxed and cutting loose, when you're silly and fun. And people tend to be naughty when they're drunk too, maybe he's hoping for some innuendo-style flirting, haha!

• I find that when I drunk text a guy, I end up being way more honest and open than I would when I'm sober. Maybe that's what he wants.