Girls, would you consider dating an ‘average-looking’ guy?

It’s difficult to know what a word like ‘average-looking’ really means in practice. So girls, according to your own understanding of ‘average-looking’, would you consider dating an ‘average-looking’ guy?

I’d also be interested to know what you girls consider yourselves to be: below-average-looking, average-looking, or above-average-looking.

• I would consider dating an ‘average-looking’ guy.
  • I would not consider dating an ‘average-looking’ guy.
  • I am a guy. / I am a lesbian.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls, would you consider dating an ‘average-looking’ guy?

B: I would not consider dating an ‘average-looking’ guy.

I have never been considered average looking by anyone who saw me and have been labeled above-average-looking so I prefer to date guys that are as attractive as me.

As well as most guys it seems try to date gals more attractive than themselves and most male advice is about getting a hot gal so yeah I'm not about to do something that said guy would most likely not do for me if he were in my position.

• I really bet you are average looking lol. And guys are naturally more drawn to visuals, doesn't mean women should be. In fact, women not being superficial in these terms (as many guys are) is one of their strongest attributes.

• @Mionysus

Doubtful you'd win that bet since I was a model before I decided to cut out.

Do tell why do you think women shouldn't be more drawn to visuals as well as how is wanting an equally attractive partner is being more drawn to visuals? Wouldn't wanting a partner who is more attractive than oneself be a case of being more drawn to visuals.

• @Mionysus

Not being as superficial is one of gal's strongest attributes for guys to benefit from because a guy can get a more attractive partner while offering less than she does.

She offers attractiveness and a 'better' personality than him since she's not as superficial as him and he offers lesser looks and personality.

This is not one of gal's strongest attributes for themselves as likely not only does it lead to getting shortchanged in looks but personality as well.

What Girls Said 11

• I've only ever liked/dated average looking guys.

• Sure. Why not? As long as I like his personality I'm okay with the idea of dating him. I consider myself an average-looking girl.

• I would. It all depends on personality. And I consider myself average looking, although I can be above-average depending on the day/situation.

• Oh ya for sure, but I only if they are OK that I am average looking, lol

• Yeah

• Possibly

• Yes.

• Of course

• I'm above average and I would date an average looking guy but he has to turn me on in some way. Say he has a nice face but is a little skinny, or he's got great style but is a little short. If he can makeup up for his shortcomings then yeah. But if you're asking would I date a guy I didn't find anything that great about him, no not unless he had a lot of money lol

• No

• Yeah, but he usually doesn't stay "average" to me. It's like, in a line-up where I'm just going by the way people look he might be considered average, but he might be 10x more attractive to me once I actually know him. It works the other way too. A guy may be really good-looking, but then I see what he's like and I'm completely turned off. I have to be attracted to a guy to date him, but I think attraction is pretty subjective and dependent on more factors than just looks.

• I mean physically though, for this question.

• Oh, OK. Thanks.

• This is exactly what I was going to say! I thought my boyfriend was "average" until I started to like him and now I think he's really cute to me. Personality can mentally change your whole perspective of someone

What Guys Said 0