Been interested in giving online dating a shot. Share some of your horror stories.

The person that gives the craziest story about meeting online gets the Best Answer. Please share. weirder the better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it was like a dating site, networking random people. It was kind of a dare and I hought it'd be alright. Some people we're nice and still talk to them to this day. My horror story from it though a lot of old creepy men, I'm young enough to be their daughter had they no shame. Guys threatened me or argued cursing me out if I didn't talk to them altogether or not enough. Two guys even went out of their way to create profiles after I kept blocking them. One just wanted to argue with me like just came out the blue and was like "Hey b*tch". The other was a creeper like he said he couldn't get enough of my attitude, he kept trying to tell me he could make me a star. I told him I can do that on my own time and unless your I don't know Sean 'Diddy' Combs himself I doubt it. after a while of blocking and reporting them they stopped. One guy because of my boyfriend at the time and accepting his compliment, like I was being jokie about it he said really rude things th a couple days later messaged measking if we could talk again. I was like "da h*ll if berating and degredation is is what you consider talking you need serious counseling and don't ever speak to me again." Between that and random penis pictures and this old man who threatened me if I didn't comply to sexting him or something. It was weird he was like 50 I said I wasn't interested he wasn't having it. Now that was the craziest tiff on the net ever. He kept messaging me so I was just like I'll tell him I'm not interested he should go away. I said Hello. He said Hi sexy or something like that. I said sorry I'm not interested and he asked why and I told him your age isn't my preference. He says " There's nothing wrong with it all my girlfriends have been 18-32." "I was like yeah now see somethings wrong with that cause your 50." Then he was like well you're over 18 and I said well you don't exactly know that I can be 15 behind the screen. Then he says out of left field "oh what you don't like white men." I'm like "That has nothing to do with anything of this conversation right now we're talking about your age and I have a boyfriend anyway." Then he started accusing me of being a whore. I basically said I don't need a leash I can talk to people. Then he went on ranting saying my "boyfriend was a drug dealer that I'm a whore and he tells black girls he'll pay them for sexting but he never does then he was like how much did he have to offer me" Eventually he threatened me and I was like well this is the creepist shyt ever I'm done. I didn't care anymore it was too many creeps out weighing the nice people so I just took down my pictures and after two days of holding my account hostage I had sent a long email. It was a mess.

• well, you've won lol That's pretty bad. I have female friends that essentially echo what your story is. The image I'm getting of online dating is that it emboldens those don't really have the best intentions.

ugh, so pretty much any dude that msg's a girl online has to take into account of her past bad online experiences.

• Awe thank you for the best answer.

• You can meet good or bad hopefully you meet more good people. You still have to watch out for the women to because I heard from a few friends I made on the site some of the graphic suggestive creepy messages that were sent to them. A bi tran girl swore she was gonna turn me lesbian -_-. A few tips. If the girl is too pretty for reality and messages first most like that isn't her and call Catfish. 2) Ur not a 50 year old pedo so I highly don't you'll threaten to take anyones profile photo lol.3 be sincere

What Girls Said 8

• Not exactly online dating, but I did try meeting someone off of Facebook once.

He seemed cute and funny at first, but he turned out to be pretty lonely and clingy, and very hung up on his ex-girlfriend... ended that pretty fast.

I've heard good and bad things about online dating... seems like a gamble to me, you just never know who you're talking to. I wouldn't recommend something like Facebook, I imagine actual dating websites work much better.

• I recommend watching that show "Catfish".

• Naw so your wanting to date another man? Lol #nevertrustinternetdating XP

• Mainly people who look nothing like their pictures or profile description.

It's a crab shoot

• I agree with that answer watch catfish.

• I met my hubby on plenty of fish. We will be married 2 years this fall... Every situation is different. My horror story is before I met my hubby, my family would try to set me up with different people. Got tired of their input so I went on to a dating site. Started messaging this guy and things were going really really well. We never sent out pictures or gave accurate names. So one night I was extremely HORNY which seems like every night, lol! I decided to meet this person... you will never guess who was there... yup it was my creepy step dad and boy he was embarrassed. Let's just say we don't talk that much...

• Dont do Plenty of fish...smh. I am currently dating a guy I met on Match.com and things are going OK. We have a strong connection but right now he is doing his own thing because he is trying to focuse on a competition (athlete). We are not giving up on each other but I have never been in a position to where I had no doubt and I trust him. Anyway, I thought he was too good to be true. I did my investigation (Catfish lol) before I met him in person. He is attractive and I am sure he thinks that about me. It turned out pretty well. Not to brag but the sex is great too. Its great because we have that connection:) Match.com hooks you up with the person of same interest.

• You can't do that lol. willing to share your POF experience?

• Just that a lot of the guys and girls I heard are just looking for a fling...

• Forget that I have never done it and I refuse for the simple reason that it seems like people are just desperate to do that and anyways anyone can make up sh*t on the net

What Guys Said 2

• this hot milf I was supposed to meet turned out to be a morbidly obese 68 year old man who was using fake photos. and it turned out that man was my uncle I thought had been dead for many years. I only learned this after we got drunk and made out. FML

• That's a pretty solid story man. I should give you the BA just because of that avatar of you in the sky. lol

• The crazy ones don't know how to let go and will use technology against you. They will infiltrate your social networking circle and spread lies and leak personal info.

Be careful what you reveal especially if you have no way of holding the person liable for damages. C*nts exist all over the place.