How do I get out of the single life?

So I've been single coming up on a year now. I've tried to go pretty slow in getting back in the dating scene. Basically I needed to be alone and learn more about myself this past year before I could be comfortable in a relationship. I've grown a lot in this time and I think I'm ready now to start seeing people. Now I'm reaching the age where I really need to start figuring out my life more seriously and dating to develop potential serious relationships is something I need to start thinking about.

Before I was single for this year I was in a relationship for about 4 years (so part of my high school years and a large amount of college) with that being said I haven't been in the dating scene really so I have no real idea what I'm doing haha. How do I start dating again? What kind of tips do you guys have for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• if you've been in a relationship there are some things you could possibly miss that other relationships like families and friends can't give but it can make you a stronger person depending on your outlook towards being single and some things you don't have to do like you did when you were in a relationship. You are the only sure thing at the end of the day you can rely on to keep going and trying and make whatever you want of yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• try volunteering at picnics, old age homes, social events, church activities. you find plenty over there. "Warning" they won't be the brad Pitt or the diamond of your eye, rather they be guy that outshine even the most jerk in their helpfulness, personality & smartness

What Girls Said 1

• try online dating, go to new social events, get involved in something social, ask friends to hook you up. it is hard. the best way to meet people is naturally because you can see if there is a chemistry or not so I would try to get involved in things socially and in school