Do you think it's fair for women to test men while they're dating?

It's a thing women do secretly or in general , that a lot of guys don't truly understand even to this day and most of the time we don't know it.

So is it fair ?

Why do women test men while dating them?

• Yeah!
  • No!

Most Helpful Guy

• To be frank it depends on the severity and subject of the test. It is one thing to lie and antagonize to prove a man is or is not something. It is another thing to simply use a situation to see if a man is or is not something. Of course this universal; I would have no problem listening to a person tell me they will do something and holding them to the "highest standard" to see if they actually come through. Though they set up the test themselves they are without shadow of a doubt under the most extreme scrutiny for this very purpose. I would never however tell someone something insane such as "I was wronged" just to see how they handle such a situation.

What Girls Said 10

• Depends. Don't we all do a little bit of testing before becoming serious? As long as she doesn't go overboard with it and push unnecessary buttons, I don't see the problem.

• I have been tested before, I think the person just was a little insecure, either way didn't bother me I laughed, I have nothing to hide, told him test me when ever you want if it makes you feel secure, adventually you will understand I am not a cheater.

• I do it all the time. It's not like a 'this will make or break us thing', it's more just to see how they react, and either add it to the list of pros, or the list of cons.

• It depends on the test. The only test that I can think of that I gives is to tell if they are self centered or not. In the first few days of getting to know them, I see if they ask me anything about myself. I see if they let the whole conversation revolve around themselves. I don't volunteer info about myself, unless they ask. I just feel like if they were really interested in getting to know me, they would ask about me. Even if they just have poor communication skills, I still don't want to talk to anyone who I can't hold a conversation with.

• Test them how?

• Actually I think it's a little psycho

• Yeah, it's fair. I want to see his reaction up front, so I can determine his character and if he's someone I'd want to be with.

• I do it all th me time

• A absafrigginlutely lol you test drive a car because you don't wanna piece of sh*t, you would be an idot not to same thing applys to all things in your life.

• A car and human being are two different things, for one, Men have feelings and emotions , so why test them?

• lol, you act like men are things that don't think or have emotions. I agree with A too when starting out, but if your guy (thing) has a leak, don't take him to a mechanic and get him taken apart; he'll die if you do that. =P

• test1

a procedure intended to establish the quality, performance, or reliability of something, esp. before it is taken into widespread use.

synonyms: trial, experiment, test case, case study, pilot study, trial run, tryout, dry run;

Tests determine whether something is good enough if nobody tested anything everything we had would suck lol common sense mate :))

• Test? As in see if he will cheat? I don't see why not to test guys. All guys should be tested.

What Guys Said 12

• Depends on what you mean by "testing." If the woman seems a little "off her rocker" with the testing I'd probably avoid her. I can see a woman "testing" a guy in a way that seems like she has trust issues. If she just wants to see his reaction on a topic she feels strongly about I wouldn't mind.

But I usually think of testing as a mean's of a woman trying to get a negative reaction from a guy and I don't like those type of women.

If I feel like "testing" a girl I do simple things like poke her to see how she reacts, nothing big.

• No. But it is a classic woman tactic

• If I found out someone was testing me there is a good chance I'd dump her. That's just manipulative game playing. If she can't be straight forward and honest I don't want any part of her. There is just no need for any of that testing nonsense.

• First, it is never fair to test anyone, but we being humans and life not being fair, do not give a sh*t.

I think the test itself is also important. It is one thing to see if a guy is trying to avoid you by him always making excuses and never showing up. It is another to test and see if he "truly" loves you by coming back after you break up with him or telling him something that will obviously upset him (like saying you cheated or had an STD before the relationship).

The only test I put on girls is to see if she actually likes being around me. If she can stand the way I am or like me for myself, than she fails an I know not to waste my time on someone who doesn't care. I think a test like this is not only acceptable, but a must if you want a good relationship.

• of course women are voting ya... I bet they'd be upset if a man tested them. Hypocrites.

• If you have nothing to hide why would you be so butthurt about it ?bitter towards women much?I wouldn't mind a guy testing me.hell I have nothing to hide.

• I just hate hypocrites. And the "nothing to hide" argument is the stupidest argument ever. Just cause a guy might have nothing to hide doesn't mean you get to play with him or spy on him or anything. Same with a guy doing the same to a girl.

• why not ? would they just take everything that come their way ? I do test the women I date.

• Why would you NOT want a female to test you on compatibility? Any guy without ill intent shouldn't have a problem being "tested".

If she tests in a way you dislike, now you know you are incompatible with her. :-P

• Why not, it'll be interesting for me.

And good for the girl to find out what the guy is about and what she'll be getting herself into in the future

• Yes, and men should quickly copy this tactic and subject women to vigorous tests of character as well, IMO.

• Of course, it is their right. You should do the same.

• everyone tests the other one while dating its just women take it to ridiculous levels

• I don't think most women realize they are doing it. Women do it to test the man's strength because they need to be more selective about finding a strong mate since their children's lives use to depend on it in prehistoric times. Where as man could simply sleep with another woman, and make a new kid much easier.