First official date with my shy girlfriend. How did I do?

I just got back from my first date with my new girlfriend who's pretty shy (were both 18). If you're wondering this is how I asked her out: www.girlsaskguys.com/Flirting-Questions/888342-i-asked-my-shy-coworker-to-be-my-girlfriend-did-i.html

Anyway, here's what happened; please tell me how I did:

I went to go pick her up at 6, I got to her house early and waited till 6 to go to her door. She answered it and we greeted each other with a hug. Her parents came to the door and I said hello and they told us to have fun. The car ride was fun. We went out a few times before and were coworkers so we knew each other fairly well so we just told each other how our days were and I tried to be funny and she giggled.

First, we had dinner. I wanted to do something simple so we ate at a pasta place and I paid for us even though she insisted we split. I told her not to worry about it and she let me.

We went to go see a movie after and I insisted I pay as well. During the movie she put her head on my shoulder and I put my head on her head. Later on she leaned all the way on me and I put my arm around her.

To finish the date we went to the beach were we sat on the sand and talked. We eventually started cuddling and I put both my arms around her. I told her that she means a lot to me and that she makes me so happy. She smiled and got closer and told me that I also make her happy. She also told me what I did after her violin recital (see previous post) was the nicest thing anyone's done for her and she was truly flattered and happy. I told her "a special girl like you deserves the world". She smiled again and turned around to kiss me. I pulled her closer to me and we stayed like that for a while.

It was late and I drove her back home. She fell asleep on the way so when we got back to her house I opened her car door, took off her seatbelt, and tried to pick her up. She woke up a little dazed and asked what I was doing. I told her I'd carry her to her room. She smiled and thanked me and I did so. Her parents opened the door and I said hi and saw her in my arms. They let me in and I put her on her bed. I gave her a hug and said goodnight and she thanked me for the night. I walked down stairs and her parents thanked me for everything I have done for her. I told them that she means a lot to me and I enjoy having her in my life. They said that she feels the same way. We said our goodbyes and I left.

Did I do fine or did I over do it? Thank you for your help everyone! :)

What Girls Said 1

• You did...typical. you didn't make her Want you...she probably now thinks you are typical guy, a secret is...girls like a guy who overpowers her and makes her want to try harder to impress him...don't treat her lightly , be her friend and show her who you are 100%, and don't try to be extra nice to her, she wouldn want that :) if you keep treating like she's a queen, she will feel bored of you after a while and she won't be driven to impress you... be completely yourwelf around her, and she will completely herself around you, you've got to be more intimidating as well though

What Guys Said 1

• Wow good on you mate that sounds like the perfect date, I don't know it from a girls point of view but you have given me ideas for a first date, I think it sounded perfect and yous sound perfect together :) she seems like she would be looking forward to the 2nd date