If you only thought of some girl as a friend would you even say that?

Guys would you ever tell a girl you'd never date her only to say "it was a joke" and "i was just teasing." Does that mean he would date her? I'm confused because we're just friends but he basically said I'd never date you, and then "hey I know you can take a joke".

Most Helpful Guy

• I could see myself putting my foot in my mouth like that haha. Especially when put in a spotlight, my first instinct is to deny everything.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think I'd ever go into that kind of conversation with a female friend, a true friend with just feelings of friendship. I wouldn't want to ruin the friendship by heading that way, and with some girls it's too sensitive of a topic.

I don't think I'd ever tell it to a girl either, unless I really don't like her and we're not friends, and she possibly did bad things to me. Then it may be okay.

Perhaps, if I liked a girl, I would make a joke like that but I really doubt it.

• No, if I didn't want her getting the wrong impression, I wouldn't say something that could foster the impression I don't want her to have.

• That's very confusing. I would ask him why he thinks that he was joking.

What Girls Said 0