How often is it normal to text someone?

If you have a crush and you're insecure about him/her, and if they never send the first message how often would you text them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was just going through a situation like this over the summer. Basically, if they make no attempt to start conversations, I'll text them maybe every 4 days so I don't seem desperate, but still open to talk. In my situation, I worked with the girl so I texted more often than that about work things that she and my other team members needed to know.

What Guys Said 5

• I just text whenever. If I'm busy then I'll text later. Eventually I get a feel for people's schedules.

• I text for a few days and then see how well the conversation goes. If it seems like I am putting in more work I will stop and see if they start a convo with me. If they don't...no love lost I just stop talking to them.

• once a week.

• really depends in the person I'm someone who would rather talk in person then send out tons of texts or call someone so really just text me once, and if I'm busy just wait for me to text back

• Every third day for a couple cycles and then just stop and see what happens

What Girls Said 5

• It really depends upon how they text you. Do they respond all the time? Do they actually participate in the conversation instead of one word answers? I'm in this situation right now, and I always send him a quick good morning texts too which that always starts a conversation on for the day, we always text throughout the day until one of us falls asleep. But pretty much, it depends how much they text you!

• I never text them first.

• lol I liked this one guy and he used to reply to me when I msgd him..i never heard from him first..so I msgd like twice and he did reply but then I felt like he wasn't interested and so I stopped and he hasn't messaged me till now its been more than a month..if he's interested he will make the first move...no point chasing after them!

• I know how you feel. I liked this guy and I would text him about every 4 days for like two weeks. Then I stopped and waited till he texted me. 2 weeks pasted and he finally texts me and I didn't text him first after that and he texted me in 3 weeks. Now he texts me first sometimes. The idea is to text him always be friendly in thoses 2 weeks on every four days and texting him first and last always make sure you have the last word. Then let him text you first even if it take 2 or 3 weeks wait. He will wonder what's up and text you if he doesn't he obviously didn't care that much about you anyways.

• I don't really think there's a stock answer for everyone.

It really just depends on each person. I think having a text conversation going all day every day is too much. Some people may love that, haha!

If they never send the first text, I'd probably say hello every 3-4 days, just to see how they are and how things are going, maybe make plans to hang out.