Girls dating younger guys acceptable?

I am currently dating this 21 year old guy and I'm 24. He seems mature for his age. The only problem is I've been constantly told my whole life girls mature faster than guys. His age concerns me a little but I like him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the whole "girls mature faster than men" doesn't apply to everyone. There are older women who never matured and older men who did. How fast someone matures depends on the person, not the gender.

If he's mature for his age, it shouldn't really matter. If you really like him, don't let trivial things like stereotypes bother you. Plus, 3 years isn't much of a difference. :D

What Guys Said 8

• As long as you're both adults and have something in common, age is just a number. In my experience (I'm dating someone 3 years older) I haven't found it is frowned upon. Some people have questioned it on both sides: what do you see in her? what do you see in him? But we're happy and that's all that counts to the people who care about us ^_^

• Of course it's acceptable, just very rare.

Especially in High School, girls only want to date guys 2+ years older than them,

• Yes, why not?

• At least he's not a crackhead.

• at that age those things aren't so true anymore. It more or less evens out in everyones 20s

• date me instead! I am 24

• Girls don't mature faster than guys and guys don't mature faster than girls. It all depends on the individual

• My grandmother was 30 and my Pa was 19. She was a cradle robber.

What Girls Said 4

• I feel it doesn't matter as much once you're both out of high school. Then you have a lot more in common, you're not really in different stages in your lives.

• As long as you're both consenting adults, it doesn't seem like it should really be a big deal. Especially, if you both enjoy the same things, and love each other. Besides, that's not really a big age difference, to be honest. I mean, it doesn't seem like it would really make anybody look twice (where as, a 20 year old dating a 40 year old might).

• The way you feel about him is the most important thing. 3 years age difference is not a big deal.

• That's not a big deal. As long as he's old enough to drive.