Is it weird or a turn off if a girl has never had a boyfriend?

I'm 22 and I've never had a boyfriend and I've only been on a couple dates. I don't mean to sound cocky but I'm an attractive smart woman and don't have a problem getting guys to notice me (sorry if it sounds bitchy!) The main reason I've been single is because I grew up in a strict family and dating was not allowed for most of my life and now that I can date, I don't meet guys I'm interested in. I don't expect much, just an all around decent guy. The guys that usually ask me out are players/jerks or guys I'm not attracted too either physically or intellectually so I don't bother going out with them.

I'm really embarrassed that I've never had a boyfriend and I know I'm only 22 but with the way things are going I don't see myself having a boyfriend anytime soon. How much of a turn off is it if I've never had a boyfriend? If there comes a time when I meet someone I'd like to date or be serious with, is this something I should tell him?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a turn off. I don't think it really matters. People are all across the spectrum, how many BFs/GFs they've had. I'm 21, and have only had one girlfriend. A close friend of mine is 20 and started dating her first boyfriend in college.

Personally, I'd rather befriend someone before going out with them. You might try that if up-front flirtation is off the table. I promise there are plenty of nice guys out there. So I'd say just start talking to people, getting to know them. If one of them seems like he's for you, go for it.

If you start dating someone and the conversation comes up, just answer honestly. Like I said its nothing to be ashamed about. I seriously doubt any guy would be upset by that.

What Guys Said 4

• It's not at all weird to have not had a boyfriend at your age. It's more common than people seem to realize given how many have brought this up. If a guy believes this means that there is something wrong with you then he is neither smart nor decent and you're better off without him.

• not a turn off. Should you tell someone you may start seeing? I suppose not. Not sure why it'd matter to him.

• No it's no where near as weird as being a 24 year old who has never had a girlfriend or kissed or even touched a girl

• No not a turn off. I don't really see a problem with that personally

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think that's weird.