Just got her number. Should I pass up on texting her?

I'm a sophomore in college. I went to a party tonight and met this girl. I danced with her then we made out. After that we went outside and talked and I got to know her a little bit. The mood was flirtatious the whole time but towards the end I'm not sure but she had not completely, but somewhat lost interest in talking to me. It was stressful because I kept getting cockblocked and I had to not show that it was irritating me. And I had gotten her number earlier, so should I text her? And the alternative being waiting. Because she's in a sorority and I'm probably going to be joining a fraternity soon. So should I text her, because I don't want her to blow me off as some random guy she hooked up with at a party. I think she was impressed that I actually showed interest in her and her life, etc. Should I text her soon, later, or wait until I happen to meet her again? What should I do to make it less likely that she will blow me off. No rush, I can meet other girls, but I want to know what will be most likely to benefit me. And I'm fine with waiting if there isn't a realistic chance to do anything before that. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're definitely over thinking this. It's just a text. And people on here like to go on and on about some stupid rules. I say to hell with all of that and just text her whenever you feel like it. Trying to follow a bunch of rules just makes the entire thing seem strained, fake and repetitive. Text her ASAP just to let her know that you had a good time and that you want to get to know her better. Why make it more complicated than that? The more complicated you try to make it, the harder it will be to actually succeed in getting to know her better and to keep her interested.

• What should I say? "Hey, this is jiojiojdgfjoisd from the lambda chi thing Friday night. I want to get to know you better." How can I change that a little bit so I don't come across as being desperate and don't get blown off?

• Just because she didn't text you back, she's a slut?

Hah. She dodged a bullet by not texting you back.

• lol and I'm going to dodge another one not replying to you again

What Girls Said 10

• Here's my experience. Met this guy at a party, got to know him and vice versa, we made out, he asked for my number. One day later, he hadn't text, which I felt was a bad sign. I told myself "Heck, I have nothing to lose. It's just a text. If he wanted nothing but to get in my pants, well now I'll know and I'll thank myself for not sleeping with him". I texted him a 2 sentence text which he didn't reply to, and now I wiped him out into my "Jerk, never bother with again" dumpster. So if you're truly interested, don't make her wait around. The worst that could happen is her not being interested. In such case, she is likely not to reply to your ask. But oh well, if you don't text her at all, it's sure things won't work out anyway.

• Just try something like "Hey it's ghahg. I've been thinking about you since Friday night. How are you?"

I guess you must have told her your name, so I'd avoid saying "I'm the guy from xx party". That's pretty reductive IMO. Do you remember something she told you, like what she'd be up to on Saturday? When I texted this guy, I asked him how it went (the stuff he told me he would do on Saturday). You can also ask her if she liked her night and how it all ended for her. Who cares it's just a text!

• I texted and she didn't reply. But I have this saying that goes like this: "Girls are like batteries. They are easy to replace."

• If you like her, then text her. Chances are she's worried she'll never hear from you again considering she 's already made out with you. If you want to text her... Then by all means text her! Forget the shoulda could have head games people play and follow your heart. You're obviously thinking about her, so text her. If she doesn't reply right away, don't text her again. Just ride it out and you'll eventually hook up with her again I'm sure. Yet, go ahead and do your part and text her! ;)

• There are two options:

1) Text her tomorrow, with a moderate chance of being blown off because she barely knows me OR

2) Wait until fate reunites us and play it from there OR

3) Text her very low commitment so it won't be awkward and still potentially run into her later

• Just send her a nice text along the lines of this: "hey, had a great time at the party last weekend, enjoyed getting to know you." Just basically let her know that you've been thinking about her, and would like to get to know her better.

Don't worry about a three day rule or any nonsense like that.

• There are two options:

• In response to the comment you made about my answer... text her tomorrow. ;)

• What should I say? "Hey, this is jiojiojdgfjoisd from the lambda chi thing Friday night. I want to get to know you better haha." How can I change that a little bit so I don't come across as being desperate?

• Just text her and say, "Hi remember me, __(your name)____? I met you at that party Friday night. Was wondering how ya been?" If she gives positive reply you can then say, "want to catch a movie and/or bite to eat sometime?" Using the word "sometime" leaves invitation open to when she's available rather than you suggesting day she might be busy...dont wanna set yourself up for rejection. So offer the invite but let her choose the date and time. ;)

• haha sorority bitch ain't reply to me

• Yeah text her! It sounds like you guys got along really well- she was probably cockblocking you toward the end because she was concerned that you were just trying to hook up. If you like her as a person then go ahead and text her sometime in the next three days!

• There are two options:

• Texting her would be good, just be casual (:

• Ha...

• If you really like her, I suggest texting her. It doesn't hurt to try. She might be waiting for your text, you never know!

Good luck!

• There are two options:

• Those are all good options. If you feel like it, try for option 1.

• if you're interested, text her. If she's interested, she'll respond, there is no such thing as too soon.

Just don't obsessively multiple text her, because that can be annoying. If she doesn't respond, or politely declines seeing you again, let it go. If she's really interested, and also feels like you guys really hit it off, she's probably already anticipating your text.

• Don't be so formal. Say hi, and ask if she wants to hang out again. Maybe have a specific event or place to hang out in mind. she'll either say yes or no. don't stress.

• i wouldn;t text her yet wait at least 24 hrs but no more then 3 days. this creates a gap period where she will think about you, but if you wait too long she'll get mad at you

• There are two options:

• My personal experience: I get bored with guys that just want sex, but that's my preference. I don't sleep around and wouldn't respond to someone who just kept trying to get in my pants. I like to date and get to know someone before sleeping with them. But that's me.

I've had one one night stand and it was HORRIBLE, never again.

• There are two options:

• I think you should wait for 2-3 days then text her. I always find guys who text on that day or on the next day too easy..

• There are two options:

What Guys Said 2

• DUDE... Three day rule. Has no one ever taught you that? Wait a couple days and text her then, nothing special, just "hey, what's up" or something of that nature. If you text her right away you come off as a little overzealous, wait too long and your window of opportunity has closed. A couple days will give her time to wonder what is taking you so long to text her if she gave you her number. Just give it a couple days and text her.

• I disagree. I don't believe in rules, but don't text immediately. I say give it a day. Three days is too long. She might end up putting you towards the friend zone or might end up talking to another guy. Now, if you're just looking to have fun and she looks like she's the type to have fun and love to games, then sure, three days rule and play it cool. She might like it. It actually dePends on how you feel. Rejection is not bad.

• Why not take a risk the worst she can say is no, hell one time I was talking to a chick and a gay guy **** blocked me, she claims he wasn't gay, but I mean come on if your wearing skinny jeans and talk with a lisp what do you expect me to think. However it didn't stop me from calling her or texting and now she's my wife.

• There are two options: