How to define between "hanging out" and a date?

So you meet a new girl your talking to and you want to take her out on a date? How do you communicate that versus just hanging out? Because it seems like I make plans with girls and they think we re just hanging out as friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make it clear it's a date. Either use the word "date" when you ask her, or let her know it's your treat. For example, when guys say "Want to go get some lunch?" I assume it's just as friends. But if a guy says "Can I buy you lunch?" then I'm pretty sure it's a date.

• Yeah but I pay and they either pass it off as me being a nice friend or say they ll buy next time thinking I'm implying they owe me one.

What Girls Said 1

• Make it very clear it's a date. It might be awkward, but if you want to make sure she doesn't interpret it as "just friends" then you should probably say "Would you like to go out with me?" (that one is my favorite) or "Would you like to go on a date with me?" (if you are gutsy) If the girl likes you, she will not say no because you used the word date. In fact, she'll be excited and go out and buy new make up and tell her friends the good news, lolz. If she says no, then no amount of "hanging out" would have helped anyway! :) Good luck!

• Yeah true. But then I'd be concerned that would sound not confident. I've always been told to be kinda pushy to show confidence but not too pushy. Like saying "We should go out, how about Monday at 8" versus "Do you wanna go out?" Maybe I'm wrong?

What Guys Said 2

• "I think you cute and interesting and I would like to get to know you better. I'm going to the local festival on Saturday and some dinner after. You should join me"

Important bits : 1. Flirt with her. 2 Compliment her 3. set up a "date activity"

Honestly thin your one and 2 are probably lacking

• No I do do one and 2. Its just my problem is I don't know how to express I intend it to be a date. Flirting and complements can be just be passed off for being a flirty guy.

• I always thought hanging out was in a way going on dates. I had a girl over to my room freshman year who loved baseball and we went to a restaurant to watch it once and I told someone we went on a date and she was all pissy about it.